Experience of Participatieverklaring ondertekenen

Hello guys!
I've already moved to the Netherlands for 3 months so far. Except the inburgeringsexamen I need to do, I was also informed that I need to finish the Participatieverklaring ondertekenen in the first year. My husband and I visit the Stadhuis couple times to want to get more information, but didn't seem like anyone really understands this new thing. Is anyone here that has any experience of Participatieverklaring ondertekenen??? I'll be so grateful for your sharing 🙏

Hi there.

Except to say that you're the first person to raise this on here and it's a relatively new thing (so perhaps they've had teething problems?), I can't think why this isn't going ahead.  There is nothing on the Den Haag Gemeente website indicating any problems or issues; there are some contact links on the website, this link will take you there.

I wouldn't worry to much though, you can only be in trouble if you fail to try to do it (so it can be deemed as being your fault).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

hi my name is jeff. i also have been told to do the participatie in gemeente. what happened to me is they sent me a letter with the dates that i need to go and attend. i will be starting my first participation here in Roermond on June25.

Hi

I just finished mine with Gemeente Uden.
Basically I had to attend 4 sessions (weekly) from 9-4. Each day covered a different aspect of living in the Netherlands.
Day 1 : Social security and healthcare
Day 2: Lifestyle (sport and nutrition) we cycled around town and visited sports venues and supermarkets with a dietician and a sports coordinator
Day 3: Library, education
Day 4: Police, Fire etc and Handhaving (like community police for parking, littering etc)
After attending all 4 days you sign the verklaring and get a certificate
It's fun and I met a lot of people who were also new

Hope that helps

dat is leuk. i did my 3rd day today. and yes its nice to meet people on aomehow the same situation as you here in netherlands. and also i can practice speaking dutch with them and share some experiences with life here in the netherlands.

Thanks for your replies! My husband also contacted the person who is in charge of this event, she said I'll maybe get informed in October, because Den Haag government starts this project slowly and inefficiently. Now I'm looking forward to doing it by seeing you guys experience! Thanks again for your generous sharing!

there is no need to worry about participatie anyways, you basically just gonna sit there and try to understand as many as possible from the lesson. Its all about the laws and how it is here in Netherlands. Its a good experience because you can meet people and make friends.

Hello i hope someone can help me. I'm already done with my participatieverklaring. Upon signing, i asked what i will do next with the document. They said to just keep it. A few months later, i still get a letter from DUO that i have not done this.

For those who have already done it, did you or did the gemeente send a copy of the participatieverklaring to DUO? I am also trying to call the DUO hotline for answers but it takes ages to get thru!

Thank you!

Mine was automatically uploaded to my DUO mijninburgering profile by my Gemeente. Ask them to do it or send a copy to DUO along with the letter they sent you - or call them if your Dutch is adequate

Thank you!

According to my experience, your gemeente would send you a bill for it, I called to the unit who host the participatieverklaring, the staff explained that you should pay the bill first, then when the gemeente got the payment, they will inform DUO that you complete the participatieverklaring.

Hey there,

I have been learning dutch on my own for the Participatieverklaring. I have my classes on January, 2020. And, I wanted to know how much do we need to interact in dutch in the sessions. Are there two way conversation in dutch requirements? How does it go when it comes to speaking?

Do any of you had to pay for this? They´re making me sign up for the Participatieverklaring at the VluchtelingenWerk Nederland (my gemeente has sent me nothing and it's been more than a year and everytime I asked, nobody knew anything) and they're making me pay for it; was that the case you any of you?
Thanks in advance!

belenzubi wrote:

Do any of you had to pay for this? They´re making me sign up for the Participatieverklaring at the VluchtelingenWerk Nederland (my gemeente has sent me nothing and it's been more than a year and everytime I asked, nobody knew anything) and they're making me pay for it; was that the case you any of you?
Thanks in advance!

They do charge for this; you can borrow the money from them to pay for it.