About working in SPC

Dear All Experienced expat friends,

Have you any idea of working in SPC? I mean any of you ever worked in SPC(Single Person Company) ever? I am actually offered by one SPC to join shortly. I have worked whole time in big corporates as well as industries. Bt this is the first time and I ve no experience. In terms of career progress or developement is it good to work in SPC , does it make safe also ? In terms of job safety and everything. Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.

I think you are confusing different items.  The legal structure of the company and the size of the company are separate things.

You could have the company set up as an SPC and it could be a huge business employing dozens if not hundreds of people.  Or it could be a WLL company with 7 partners but only exists on paper.

As an expat, forget job security.  You can be terminated at any time (with a pay-off of course) in a manner compliant with labor law.  Focus instead on the business size, growth prospects etc.  That provides more job security than the legal structure of a company!

XTang, Thanks for clearing the thread with your valuable feedbacks. Yes, It was really confusing for the first time when I heard of SPC. Bt now, I feel more clear of differences that you shared. Have got an oppertunity in a SPC (I mean small by nature having only very countable personnel working). Thinking of taking a chance for a year or two. Will that create a problem in future job seeking in bigger size firms in future?? Like do baharine corporates make a difference while choosing candidates from small kind of business.

Thanks again.

It depends on the candidate and type / quality of experience you have.  Of course there is a preference for people who have worked in bigger companies and as a result, its easier to move from bigger companies to smaller ones than vice versa. Similarly, when you move from a smaller company to a bigger one, you don't move at the same level e.g. you could be the CFO in a small company but may only go as a financial controller in the bigger one.  The opposite also holds true.

XTang .. thanks a lot bro fr all the help. Nw I am more clear.