Withdrawing an accepted offer of employment

Dear all,

I had a very bad experience, I was working in a decent company for the last two years, since for a new change and growth I applied for some jobs , in between my marriage was planned  last month , I already had applied for a annual leave From my previous company, before a week or two from the leaving date I got this interview call from HR manager in a well reputed MNC company in Bahrain, i passed the first interview, the HR  said they will provide offer letter next week , then I waited, after a week no news from them ,then I called them back they said , it will take one week , then I left this matter , after few days they said they want to have face to face round, I went to meet them , it was went well , after that also I didn't not get any update, then I left back to India for my marriage.
After reaching india, on the second day I got an email from them with the OFFER LETTER attached mentioning im selected and need to join at the earliest, in the email they have mentioned to put resignation on the same day I got the offer letter as well, since I got this good opportunity, I thought to come back Bahrain and join, so my marriage got hold. Next week I purchased flight ticket for double price and came back after 13 days of my annual leave out of 60 days keeping my marriage on hold , after reaching Bahrain there was mandatory paid hotel quarantine for 10 days which cost me another big amount, meanwhile after reaching I had put resignation to my previous company and  spoke to the management and they came with a conclusion in releasing me .Two week before the joining date as per the company, I spoke to the HR team after forwarding all the documents including the resignation which was requested by them company , suddenly they said I need to meet another higher authority then only the joining date wil be confirmed. I waited for another week to get for a lead , nothing from their side . Then after a week I contacted them , they said the concern person is out of Bahrain, he might come after few days , again I waited, again no response, then the joining date as per the offer letter came , again I contacted, they said the higher authority is in Bahrain and will be contacting me via virtual meeting. Again I waited , after two days I called thr HR manager again, he give me a unbelievable shocking response, he said the management had askd to hold the recruitment for this particular position which I was hired for , I was kind of lost stage  . As per these peoples words and offer letter, I resigned my job , spend this much money and came back , Even holded my marriage , and came back and in the end they saying me that there is a problem regarding my joining, I still can not understand how a MNC company being this unprofessional, now literally I'm jobless, became a debtor, my life is in a big critical situation,literally in lost situation and feeling like reached a platform kinda feeling.

Can anyone please tell me , is there any legal action I can charge against this company for spoiling my life by wasting my time , waisting my money , my marriage, everything .

Your kind advice much helpful 🙏

ammusadaf wrote:

Dear all,

I had a very bad experience, I was working in a decent company for the last two years, since for a new change and growth I applied for some jobs , in between my marriage was planned  last month , I already had applied for a annual leave From my previous company, before a week or two from the leaving date I got this interview call from HR manager in a well reputed MNC company in Bahrain, i passed the first interview, the HR  said they will provide offer letter next week , then I waited, after a week no news from them ,then I called them back they said , it will take one week , then I left this matter , after few days they said they want to have face to face round, I went to meet them , it was went well , after that also I didn't not get any update, then I left back to India for my marriage.
After reaching india, on the second day I got an email from them with the OFFER LETTER attached mentioning im selected and need to join at the earliest, in the email they have mentioned to put resignation on the same day I got the offer letter as well, since I got this good opportunity, I thought to come back Bahrain and join, so my marriage got hold. Next week I purchased flight ticket for double price and came back after 13 days of my annual leave out of 60 days keeping my marriage on hold , after reaching Bahrain there was mandatory paid hotel quarantine for 10 days which cost me another big amount, meanwhile after reaching I had put resignation to my previous company and  spoke to the management and they came with a conclusion in releasing me .Two week before the joining date as per the company, I spoke to the HR team after forwarding all the documents including the resignation which was requested by them company , suddenly they said I need to meet another higher authority then only the joining date wil be confirmed. I waited for another week to get for a lead , nothing from their side . Then after a week I contacted them , they said the concern person is out of Bahrain, he might come after few days , again I waited, again no response, then the joining date as per the offer letter came , again I contacted, they said the higher authority is in Bahrain and will be contacting me via virtual meeting. Again I waited , after two days I called thr HR manager again, he give me a unbelievable shocking response, he said the management had askd to hold the recruitment for this particular position which I was hired for , I was kind of lost stage  . As per these peoples words and offer letter, I resigned my job , spend this much money and came back , Even holded my marriage , and came back and in the end they saying me that there is a problem regarding my joining, I still can not understand how a MNC company being this unprofessional, now literally I'm jobless, became a debtor, my life is in a big critical situation,literally in lost situation and feeling like reached a platform kinda feeling.

Can anyone please tell me , is there any legal action I can charge against this company for spoiling my life by wasting my time , waisting my money , my marriage, everything .

Your kind advice much helpful 🙏

Dear ammusadaf,

The simple answer to your question in short is No, you cannot take any legal action against the company. As you are not in their sponsorship you cannot file any legal complaint against them.

Let me tell you an example, I was in LMRA Shelter in Sehla accompanying my friend to file a labour case against his employer. I came around a situation where an employee has worked for a company for 3 months with just the offer letter and they did not transfer the visa to their sponsorship and never received the salary for 3 months. The LMRA Legal experts clearly mentioned that he/she cannot file a labour case as the person was not in the sponsorship or claim compensation from the company as they withdrew the offer letter.

I have been working in the HR domain for the last 4 years and as per my knowledge, there is no law to compensate the employee with a withdrawn offer letter.

Still, if you want to try, you can go to LMRA Sehla Branch and the legal advisors will give you exact information on whether you can file the case/reason why you cannot file the case.

Make sure you have all the email communication and offer letters hard copy. Please be there by at least 6 AM as there will be a long queue and they entertain only a fixed number of cases every day. There are no legal charges for consultation or translating the documents. If they think that you case is valid according to Bahrain Labor Law, They will file it straight away.

Please do let me know what was the response from the LMRA.

One piece of advice, if your current job is stable and with no serious issues do not try to switch the job in this pandemic. Anything can change any moment that applies to big MNC's as well.

Good Luck.

Offer letter is not legally binding.  Only a contract and / or you being on their sponsorship is.   

You need to understand the legal system:

Labor cases = Between employees and employers (You don't qualify).
Civil cases = Adjudicate between parties, majority related to breaches in agreements, evidenced by legal documentation e.g. contracts (Again you don't qualify).

So you have basically zero legal recourse.

Thank you guys for your information  , seems like they spoiled my time , and job and now made me jobless, nobody should go through this kinda cheating.

Good luck to you.

Is any one know I signed the offer later in Bahrain and after few days I have to join there can I reject that job.

and what about my mobility is it going to effect.

https://lmra.gov.bh/en/page/show/194 you should complete atleast an year of employment before you can apply for mobility

Is any one know I signed the offer later in Bahrain and after few days I have to join there can I reject that job.
and what about my mobility is it going to effect.

-@amreetsingh777

Offer letter can be withdrawn at any time.  It is not legally binding on either party.  That is why you have contracts.