I feel like I am not me anymore since I moved away from home.

I just didn't want her to feel alone, I didn't mean for it to sound like a gender thing lol... it's the same for all of us regardless of age , gender etc... ohh and Hi ! Lol

Ana-Grace wrote:

I just didn't want her to feel alone, I didn't mean for it to sound like a gender thing lol... it's the same for all of us regardless of age , gender etc... ohh and Hi ! Lol

hi :) hope your getting on in china

Hi, I'm actually in Boston atm packing I'll be leaving the 4th so I've a few days left in La La Land lol...  :joking: and thanks for adding are near or in Suzhou? That drink looks pretty tasty btw haha

Ana-Grace wrote:

Hi, I'm actually in Boston atm packing I'll be leaving the 4th so I've a few days left in La La Land lol...  :joking: and thanks for adding are near or in Suzhou? That drink looks pretty tasty btw haha

i been in china since jan 2017 on a 2yr visa, i just renewed my contract and will renew my visa quite easily i hope. i am just north of the hong kong border in shenzhen. the only other place ive been in china is nanning for a holiday. so much to explore. its a big place hahah

Hola

well, non of us can do anything for you unless you are trying very hard to get out from your comfort zone.

Smile - Life is beautiful

I don't know much about you-but, I will say there are many different ways to go about looking for what was once lost.

1) Recognize it is lost and you are different now. Who knows, if it was something that was apart of you, it will return to you

2) Realistically it sounds like you went through a break up or something-if not maybe its time to set sights on meeting some one? If you did come out of a break or something you need to move on.

It really sounds like the kind of situation where two of you are so close and suddenly half of you is gone. Participating in the things you used to, doesn't feel right-that is normal but no one can help if you don't open up.

Its a great start posting here but even then, sometimes its worth considering taking a break and heading home for awhile.

My wife and I are about to have our first born, we were honestly really worried that we were going to lose our rest time/couple time-we work...a lot...but in reality, no matter what hardship you come across, finding someone to help you out is integral-we are social creatures, not meant to be as independent as the world sometimes makes us feel that we should be.

All the best, good luck-let me know if you ever need help :)

Carm

lol,yes dusnt matter what or who u are,its same fro all

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : expat.com is not a dating website

I love meeting and making new friends, but I have a wonderful boyfriend... I think to many ppl are trying to use this as a dating site, it's not lol... but in a group yes we can meet up and All hangout...😁

As Ana-Grace quite rightly says, this is not a dating site so let us not go there. Any post suggesting that in any way will be removed.

Good luck on your travels Ana-Grace :)

SimCityAT
Expat Team

I agree with you.  I do not want to receive any love stuff EVER or start getting treated as a call woman.  I am here as part of a group.  But I know the Middle and Central Asian men do not understand that.   Those are the most problematic to us, women.  They feel they can treat women like animals.  I hope this website eliminate them as soon as they start looking for targets.  Thanks.

yes age or gender is no difference,,but i think to leave one's born country at 60 and sell everything climb on plane leave family behind is little bit less easier

lol..believe me its all over the world hey,,if u cant speak their lingo their body language changes immediately

Try to do some volunteer and help people around you

with only a basic German language course it basically impossible,by only having a A1 certificate ones knowledge of German is so basic one cant understand the people,lol

Claudia757 wrote:

I agree with you.  I do not want to receive any love stuff EVER or start getting treated as a call woman.  I am here as part of a group.  But I know the Middle and Central Asian men do not understand that.   Those are the most problematic to us, women.  They feel they can treat women like animals.  I hope this website eliminate them as soon as they start looking for targets.  Thanks.

If you are subject to abuse, you can report the post and the admin team will deal with it.

Thanks.. I appreciate it....

Be relaxed, take your time, everyone feels the same in initial few days.

What you can do:

1. Be focused and love your work
2. Start socializing and meet like minded people or meet people from your community, can use forums or facebook or something like that
3. Start gardening or join some old age home for volunteering.
4. Start playing your favorite sports or learn a new thing

In the end I will say, make a busy routine, connect with the people at your home daily for 2 minutes. Also, this all things will create your life time memories and also will improve the love for your family.

I was about to say the same thing, that last guy asked if he could stick his fingers in me to see if I taste as sweet n beautiful as I look, I lost it! my boyfriend's pissed off so I haven't been checking msgs anymore and blocked them they're disgusting!

As hard as it might be to read messages such as you are getting, please report them so admin can permanently ban them.

join a old age home u say,,

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post your question on the azerbaijan forum

I completely identify with the the emotions you have shared. Most days are fine but sometimes it is very hard. Everyone is different, I am from a beach town and can make a new friend standing in line at the DMV since I moved, smiles are hard to come by. Lots of it is my beginners Espanol.  Maybe some is the city vs. tourist town but I would really love to every now and then feel connected. BTW if anyone is near Barcelona I can offer a smile and maybe some conversation. :)

mejbb wrote:

I rarely speak personally unless I've been friends with those people for a long time. And living in another country using a language other than english is just so difficult. But yes, I do make myself busy to survive loneliness. I try to learn new skills. Finding new hobbies. But still, I'm always inside my house which I don't actually feel bad because I like being at home. It's just that, when I go to work, I'm silent.. Although they are nice people, I just can't find any interesting topic to start a conversation with.

A good way to start might be to ask for help with something, such as where to find certain food (or just good food), how to solve some problem you have.
People usually like providing help, and this can break down normal barriers to communication.

funnyoldworld wrote:

this isnt about gender, its about making friends with people who can communicate with each other, why make it a 'girls gotta stick together' thing?

There is something special when women hang out together.
They are able to share experiences & feelings no guy will have.
If you just accept this, then (and only then) you may begin to understand.

Ana-Grace wrote:

I was about to say the same thing, that last guy asked if he could stick his fingers in me to see if I taste as sweet n beautiful as I look, I lost it! my boyfriend's pissed off so I haven't been checking msgs anymore and blocked them they're disgusting!

I am sorry you experienced that. You did that right thing is blocking them. But please also report them.

Yes you should report them as well

I lived for some time in Denmark...kind of same feeling from time to time

Kapwa pinoy! Kumusta! I'm also an expat working in Switzerland :-)
Yeah I feel you, *** and I'm not the one to initiate conversations. Pero advice * to make yourself busy. In my case, m*** & mountain hike, so I travel a lot to different places and learn their culture. Go out of your comfort zone and try new things. Focus on yourself, find things to become better and to improve yourself. :-)

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.

Hi, How are you, I am leaving in Sri Lanka. Please send your details. thanks.

So sad to knoe

I am feeling sorry.

May god bless you.

Warm Regards

Dtm02, it's not about changing oneself to fit in. In fact it's not about deciding to change, or intentionally becoming someone different at all. It's about recognising that we are constantly changing as we go through our lives, and noticing how we are evolving, as well as noticing how we may be holding on to behaviors and attitudes that don't fit our current situation or which constrict our ability to adapt and enjoy new possibilities.

For me, this is often a challenge and a surprise, because I tend to hold on to assumptions about 'who I am', when in many instances, those assumptions would work better for me if I just relaxed, let them go, and put myself into a frame of mind that is open to learning new things about myself in whatever new situation I might be experiencing.

When I remember to allow myself to be more curious and flexible, I do better.

Dtm02 wrote:

@andyhifa changing who you are to fit in isn't simple, is not something you decide during breakfast and enforce it during lunch.You have been this person for so long, that you don't know how to be someone different, it's a very scary transition and it's scarier when you have to do it alone without a support system. So yes maybe fitting in comes easy to you which I must say that's impressive if it does, but for some of us, it doesn't, however, you are right we have to get out of our comfort zones to actually grow.

Hi, hope things are finally working out good for you!!

well make yourself at home

Meet expats all over the world

OR