Moving to KSA (husband and wife working)

Dear all,

I and my wife have been offered jobs at a university in KSA. We have two kids (3 yo, 7 yo). I want to ask about the visa procedure for our family. Can all of us apply for visa at the same time? Or do I have to get my Iqama in KSA first and then apply for the visas of my children?

Regards,

SKK

You get your Iqama first and then apply for the family visas.

Dear Xtang,

Thanks for the information. How long do you think it takes to get the Iqama after arrival in KSA? Also, as my wife has also been offered a job, can she also go with me while I apply for my kids' visas after getting my Iqama in KSA?

Usually what takes long is the process to issue a work visa to physically get you here - once you are here, the Iqama is normally a straightforward process.  If there are no issues and your company is efficient; it can be done in as little as a week.

If your wife is also going to get a job and be provided with an Iqama then yes, she can come to KSA around the same time as you.  She's not coming "with" you per se but coming to finalize her iqama process same as you.

Many thanks. Both I and my wife have been offered jobs by the same government university. Any idea if the Iqama issuing process is any faster in case the sponsor is a government university? Moreover, after the Iqama is issued to me, how long will it take me to get the visas processed for my kids?

Usually it's slower as things move at the pace of a typical government office :)

For family visas, if you have all documents i.e. attested marriage/birth certificates and so on; it doesn't take long to get the approval for subsequent visa issuance back home after medical.