Birth Certificate without Name

Hi guys,

For a dependent birth certificate, the original one without name will work?
And, if the birth certificate is in Hindi language, can we get the English translation done and add the name in that translation and get it legalised? Anybody in similar situation before?

From the birth registration (revenue) department (in the place where your wife's birth is registered), you can get a new copy of the birth certificate issued in English. That must later be apostilled by MEA.

Thanks Aneesh. Looks like the name can only be added in the birth certificate within 15 years of birth. Need to check if the new birth certificate which they'll give in English, will they be able to include the name as well. If not, will it work for Belgium authorities?

I would assume they (consulate and foreign ministry) may need the persons name in the birth certificate.

There must be some process to add name - you may check with the registration office folks in India (or a lawyer ?)

Ok so one of the agents who get the legalization done is saying that they can do the certified translation (in English) of the Hindi birth certificate and get that translated document apostilled. It'll not have my name but they're saying it'll work. 

Can anyone confirm this?
Anybody here who get the dependent visa without their name on Birth Certificate?

You need to verify with the Belgium embassy, but in my opinion a name in a birth certificate is required. Also it is advisable to have the document less than 6 months old for application of visa.

I would advice you to go to the birth registration department of the municipality where your wife was born with the original birth certificate and request for a new one. I think you might need to give school leaving certificate (or 10th standard), passport/aadhar card and request to add her name. If they refuse citing 15 years as maximum time for addition of name, then you would have to consult a lawyer and file a case under the birth and death registration act which might take sometime.