Huatulco Visit next week

I'm spending a few days beginning next Monday, in Huatulco and am wondering if there is a place where I might run into other expats--social visit?   I've been living in Mexico about 8 months, primarily in Merica.  I'd love some advice on scouting out this new area.  Tkx.  Diana

I actually know of no one who lives in that city, but I do know it is home  of many fine craft stores. If someone doesn't speak up about living there, I would suggest that you start with visiting those shops. The concierge at the hotel might also know where you would be more likely to run into other tourists.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Do not take this the wrong way. But I fail to understand people visiting other countries and wanting nothing more than what they know from home. I have been to Huatulco many times, and I enjoy every thing about it and I mean the local stuff. People are great, Plaza centro is awesome, locals are extremely friendly, and you will learn a lot more from locals than from gringos. Example, I wanted to go horse back riding. No gringo nor tourist associate could tell Me where. A local heard Me ask at the tourist info, and signal Me. He knew a place. After a few calls a plan was drawn. They picked Me up at the hotel at 8 AM drove about 45 minutes, got Me on a horse with a guide ( the son's owner) and went off in the jungle. ended up on a mile long deserted beach. galloped to My heart's content on the edge of the ocean that can only be seen in the movies. They drove Me back to the hotel at 6 PM in time for dinner. And the kicker is that it was only $25.00 So take My advice. locals are the ones that knows and the ones you want to know. Good luck.

Would be really nice if you still had contact information for the horseman!  That sounded right up my al

However, my question requesting gringo contact has specifically been due to two things: 1. my extremely limited Spanish and 2. This is a short stay but and I wanted some gringo first-hand information about living there. 

I certainly agree with your sentiment, however, about isolating expats within our separate community.  Not really my longterm goal.

di

Well lady di ,

if you are in a hotel, just ask them about horseback riding. They usually know.

No hotel--staying with locals.  lol

Well they should know, are you bilingual ? or are they ?