Dating and finding love as an expat in Mexico

Hello,

With cultural barriers and different dating norms, finding love as an expat abroad can be exciting and challenging at the same time.

Is it easy to meet other fellow single people in Mexico?

How do you go about meeting people (through friends, online dating, apps, meetup groups)?

How safe is it to date in Mexico?

How do you deal with cultural differences when dating?

What are certain dating etiquettes and rules when dating in Mexico?

How do you deal with getting into a serious relationship if you know you might be leaving Mexico?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

You ask for secrets that are less likely divulged.

Dating is dating everywhere. I ask some locals and they laughed saying it requires an appointment, Is seems like the same dating that is global with the added difference of a different language. If you are available to date they figure that out pretty quickly, and they are not shy.

DONT DO ANY BARHOPPING HERE. CARTELS KIDNAP OR KILL AMERICANS. SAFEST PLACE TO MEET SOMEONE IS IN CHURCH; THAT IS WHERE I MET MY WIFE IN JUAREZ

Grapenut: Why are you living here if that's the way you feel about Mexico? I think it is your type of attitude about Mexico that fuels the false, exaggerated and unjust perceptions about Mexico.

I'd love to hear more about women dating women in Mexico. Expats or Mexican nationals.
Where do we find each other?
thanks.

I have been wondering if there was a forum for single expats to chat and get info on what it is like to live in Mexico? Have traveled in the Quintana Roo area of Mexico since 1996 yearly. The mayan people are so friendly and gracious.

As a senior single male I will look forward to read the responses from others on this site. I am hesitant to share......
That I have shared meaningful relationships with women of different cultures-because that makes me sound like something I am not.
So, my response is “woman from all cultures” want the same things” just maybe delivered in a different way. Ha ha

HI Priscilla

Thanks for opening up this conversation.   i am over 60  and hope to date  But finding other expats who are single and spending a few months in Mexico is hard.   I am hoping to spend 5-6 months there each year.   I hope other will join in on this conversation.

Hi I'm coming to live in Mexico in February

Well, if you're gonna live along the border, Grapenut, yeah, you're gonna take your chances.  There are tons of lovely cities and tons inside of Mexico that you can feel safe in and not be worried about being kidnapped.

Yes you have it right.  It's like saying all of the USA is dangerous because you live in the south side of Chicago!

Don't complain about safety when you choose to live in some of the most dangerous parts of a country.

Down here in lake chapala its so safe I can't belive it.

@rubytue60

I am trying to move on the 11th
To Playas .
Any tips on location dating shopping  or a rental
Please feel free
Thanks
Tom
Hello Tedjarvus11,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

Please note that you commented on an old thread.

I invite you to ew write your post with more details and to post it as a new discussion on the Mexico forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Tedjarvis11
Did you make your move? Just saw this. Was curious.  I live in Playas
@rubytue60
3389062-avatar_60x60-t1655051061.jpg
Hi Rubytue60
Liked your post. I have very similar interests for Mx in the immediate future.
Have considered several places to rendezvous: Oaxaca, Baja Sur, Puerto Escondido, etc
Plan on driving. Have spent several months in Baja; La Paz is also a consideration.
Any recommendations?