Expats Willing to Give Tour to Visiting Couple

Hello Good People!  I am newer to this online community.  Hubby and I will be visiting a resort in Cabarete toward the end of the year and would like to have a real tour of the area.  I am looking into places to outside the US to settle down and live a slower life in the next few years.  Every time we visit a place I think I may be interested in, we try to find expats that can give us the real scoop.  Like I said, the visit won't be until December, but I would love to start some conversation about the life there in general.  I will be stalking the other treads, but would love any advice on where to start.  Look forward to hearing from good people!

You have the right idea.  But make sure you get recommendations from the people here. It is too bad that my vision will have failed completely by then. I would have enjoyed showing you what I & others could show you. This is an amazing part of the island with many hidden treasures to see. Welcome to the forum. Read many of the threads & ask questions.  Many good people here to assist you.

Welcome to the forums.  Read and read and read and ask,questions.

I am.sure you will find someone close to show you around. I would happily do it but I am in Santo Domingo now!

Hi Planner. So, how do you like the side you are on now comparative? We decided to visit Cabarete due to less tourists.....lol. Thand sounds silly since that's what we will be.

Thank you for your response. I am so sorry to hear about your eyesite.

Thank you. I wish  that I had only heard about it rather than "seeing" it. Expensive too. Do you have any idea how much bread that I throw away because I don't know if it is mouldy or not, .... how much T.P. i have to use because I can't tell if my ass is clean. There is a multitude of things to be aware of when this happens.  Empathy is cool, pity ain't cool. Come laugh with me someday when you get here. I get thirsty just thinking about it. Do you have any idea what images pop into my mind over Curly Girly.  Unshaven arm-pits & legs perhaps? I hope you are laughing because I am. Planner says I'm crazy because I giggle in the shadows over the foibles of mankind.

Welcome to the forum.  We have been living full time on the north coast between Sosua and Cabarete for the last 12 years and in fact sold real estate here for the first couple of years.  Keep me posted on your plans, read the various threads here and ask your questions.  I would be glad to meet with you when you get here.

Bob K

Bob I knew you would say that. You rock!

Tinker - honey it's at times hard enough to live here with all the senses. It is very hard to imagine what you are dealing with. You do so with courage and humor.

Consider starting a thread please while you can. Tell us what is happening and how you cope.  Empathy is partly built on understanding.

And when the day comes that you can no longer type maybe we can find a generous soul to type for you!!!

And sorry For hijacking your thread!!!!

Planner, the only time you need to say you're sorry is when you fart up wind. And sweet cakes, it isn't courage, it is not having a choicw. The humor is in the perception of others. I am serious when I write or speak, well sometimes I am. Yeah, I'll call it "Going Blind In Sosua".   A real grabber, .... HUH?  I could use some help around here soon.  How many wrings of the mop until it is clean?  If the apt smells clean, is it?  What ever happened to Dic-to-phones? ( spelling?)   Thank you for your thoughts.

Siempre my friend.

You bring a very different perspective to all of.us.

And farting is natural!!!  :D

Tinker a good man... Says it like he sees it.  Blind or not blind. As we say in my home state. Tinkwr knows where a bear shits in ths woods. He will just be fine... Good man...I gope I have the pleasure of meeting you some day Tinker.

Well moose, get your ass to Sosua & have some fun.  And Planner, farting is natural, doing it down wind is polite. Broccoli has such a strong scent & there is no pallative for it  Spelling gets me all the time.

I was cracking up and I will definitely look you up. I love to laugh so crazy is awesome!  I understand what you are saying about empathy is cool, sympathy "NOT".  I had a head on car collision a few years back and have had some ankle issues. Bottom line is you find your new normal and take it a day at a time!  Keep your awesome attitude!

Thank you so much! Would live to take yo up on meeting in December. Will be asking questions as I weed through all the info!

No hijacking apologies needed!

If I fart upwind, I will give it awa by laughing as I apologize. IJS

You will do just fine here honey.

:lol:

Yeah it is funny until you fart in a closet, or better yet, in a crowded elevator going to the top floor. BTDT  a broccoli one at that.

Best thread hijack ever!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😃

Omg.......you guys are awesome!

NO, the fact that you dig it is awesome.   Most stick-in-the-mud people don't realize that they are the target for horse shoes. I'm happy that you are on dry ground.  As Planner said,"you'll do just fine here". How are your ankles now?