North Coast meet up!

Lets do this people.  Saturday April 14th  3 pm in Sosua. Location  TBA

You are attending add your name to this list.

Me
Tinker

I and my wife Josefina, plan on meeting up with Tinker this Sat at the Finish Line Bar in Sosua. I would be there on the 14th but will be in Ottawa area to pick up my Temp Visa form the DR Embassy on the 17th returning here on 18th. Will certainly look to this another time.

Darn,  next time honey!

2pv, looking forward to it. maybe can get the igolacs too! Hope so, they are fun people & are interesting new folk in Sosua. Any one else gonna come around 1:30, 2pm?

Count me in, bud.... I'll be traveling from Santiago, if someone wants to car pool. Since I do not have a vehicle yet, I will pay expenses for a ride. Otherwise, I'll take the bus. Suerte -CapnRick

Hello Planner

I am currently out of the country. When will the next meeting be?

Next meet up honey is whenever someone gets around to organising it.

CapnRick - I am just over in Moca. ALthough not able to make the 14th, we could certainly try meeting up. I don't have wheels either and am just starting to learn about the bus system.......

If you mean the 14th, you should have no problem with fiding someone to share the ride. Keep posting  the request. If you mean Saturday welcome. It is nothing formal about it at all. Just a few people having drinks & laughter.

Not sure of plans yet but certainly I will try to  be there.

Bob K

John and Marie panning on coming on the 14th as well. Any suggestions as to where?

We need someone to do some of the groundwork, arrange  the place Bar/restaurant etc..  With my handicap it is difficult to easily get around to talk to potential sites. I have no difficulty talking or walking, just can't see where I'm going or to whom I'm speaking with.  The Westminster Dog Show is over, therefore no excuses tolerated.  Get off your butts and help.   The Bruho resides in me close to the surface, take heed brethern, take heed.

Bob - back in probably Oct  I was asking about places to rent for family and friends in Aug when they come for our  "church" wedding. I believe the hotel was in Sosua but I can't find that info. Wondering if you recall or could send again. On another note, met with Tamas or Tomas (Tinker) today at Finish Line Bar - very nice gent and could have stayed much longer and had a couple more beverages has we not had to drive back here to Cabarete. Wish I could make 14 Apr but will certainly make  any other gathering. Cheers...

The pleasure was all mine Brian. You & your wife are a great example of a extremely successful marriage of "multicultural" ( I hate that phrase, people are people) relationships.  The mutual love & respect far outweighed any "cultural" differences.   You two are truly blessed.  Thank you for the beers & the conversation, laughter, &  patience for listening to an aging curmudgeon. thanks again. Bravo on your impending "Church" wedding.  Now if we could just cure that raging Expat disease known far and wide as "Buttosis.  It affects  the retired folks who find it if not difficult, all but impossible to get off their asses & help organize the get-to-gether.  Sure they love the event & exclaim how great it was to meet and see one another.  Reminds me of those who attend "Grand Openings" & then never return.  I fear that I'm beating a torn drum.  Prove me wrong you guys & gals.  I'm visually handicapped, what are your excuses? HUH?

I would jump but until the first of the month or so I do not even know if I will be here then. So.... 
And thanks for the concern but my butt is ok and being run ragged :D:D:D

Tinker - relax my friend. It will all work put,as it always does.

Location is Sosua - specifics will follow.

Bob your boss is a tough one! Hope to see you both soon!

I hope you all have a great time. Safe travels!

Actually we will be here then.  I did not have enough coffee this morning.  It should have said I do not know what I will be doing then (that weekend). We are here for a bit.

Bob K

Bob, thanks for the clarification.  You & Planner are the movers & shakers on this site. I'm sure it will all work out just fine.  I can't seem to accept the fact that I no longer can walk "Point".  I don't see the trip-wires any more.

Tinker is going crazy. Lol. Saturday 3pm. Tomorrow i will be in sosua and will lock down a meeting place!!!

Let us know you are planning to attend and invite others. The more the merrier!!!

Who will be in sosua septemebr

Im a newbie and won't be there until May would really like to meet up with all the expats. Looking forward to moving there. Cheers

Keep me posted.  Running around like a chicken with his head cut off but I will make every effort to be there...where ever.

Bob K

And I am changing the time to 2pm. Location will be announced later today.

Yes, I will attend.  I think that this should be a semi-annual event.  That way the people who can't make one, may make another. Good also for newbies, snow birds etc.  The last one was a year and a half ago!  Way too long an interval between events. What do others think?   No "Buttitis" permitted!

I would like to add myself to the list

Saturday 2pm.  Coco bar sosua. Bring bathing suit if you like. Same street as Infinity blue, head east and its on the north side of the street.

Ok see you then
Bob K

Have fun kids! We will be back July 5th. Trying a new plan. Flying Allegiant to Fort Lauderdale, spend night, Jet Blue to STI.

See you then.  Safe trip.

Marie and I will see you all this Saturday. Looking forward to it!

Louise is making pulled pork sandwiches for 150 rd for anyone who is hungry

Hiya Hot Stuff,
Will definitely try...but  's-suits'? ?   Obviously, you have never seen the offspring of a Sicilian mountain gorilla that mated with a small farm vehicle.  Will there be an eye doctor in attendance, in case I hurt someone?
Coco's an outdoor spot?  Will have FAT FACE with me in town that day. (She's in pic with me.)

With my vision, you could not inflict any strain at all. I can't see bikini clad cuties either.   Pulled-pork sounds interesting.  B-B-Qued? Even better.

All good. Its an outdoor spot!!! Bring your suit  - we live life on the edge!!!

See all you all this afternoon
Bob K

Absolutely!!!! 2pm at Coco bar

Lo Siento mi amigos.  I am so sorry to miss the event today.  I had workers finishing up the installation of rain gutters.  They were supposed to be done at noon...perfect timing.  Well they finally packed up at 4:10.  I could not leave them alone as they needed to get inside to reach the upper levels.  So sorry

Bob K

I feel the pain of you absense, as do the few who did not have the necessity to watch over the local help. I hope their work was completed to your satisfaction Bob.   It is a shame that so many others were unable to attend the fete. I was fortunate to have had room in my schedule to smile, laugh & trade tawdry jokes with those who were there. Thanks to John & Marie, Bruce, Astray, Mike Kate & the everlasting beauty, Planner,( Darlene). There ere others whom with my vision, could not identify. To them my opologyies.( for my spelling too!)  The process of sharing ideas, humor, personalities should not be that difficult'  Thank you Coco Hotel for allowing us to congregate in your place. There were no bikini clad cuties while I was there.  Much to my dismay.  Again, thanks Coco.

You were missed Bob.,next time honey.
It was a very nice, low key event. Drinks were good. Pulled pork sandwiches were amazing.,and the company was as always excellent!