Temporary residence permit questions


My intention is to stay for 1-2 years (temporary residence - visitor). I'm a non-EU national and my gf too.
Contacted few agencies cause can't find a precise information at the civil registry & migration department website / can't reach them by phone/email.
The agencies with whom i get in touch are all giving a bit different information => that doesn't seems reliable.

So, the questions are:
1. Is there an official source on the numbers - required annual income & the amount to deposit in Cyprus bank?
2. One of the agencies suggested me to first apply for 12 months visa extension and then for a temporal residence. That seems odd if my plan is to stay for up to 2 years in total. Is it really reasonable suggestion?
3. Seems like me & my gf have to make 2 separate applications if not married. Been told that we have to execute a cohabitation agreement once rented a place in Cyprus. That is also seems strange if we have 2 separate applications. Does it makes sense?


I guess the first question that comes to my mind is  - do you intend to  or need to work?
as you will need
an entry permit / visa and a work permit
an alien registration certificate  - mandatory for stays in excess of 3months and for which you will need to provide proof of healthcare cover, identity documents. proof of income or sufficient funds to support you without becoming a burden on the Republic of Cyprus

see here for more details  - http://www.cyprusvisa.eu/

i suspect he is right as i think you will only get a 12month one at first and then need to re-apply

Hmm i think  maybe your advisor is covering all bases - - ive not heard of a cohabitation agreement  - you will both need to make individual applications for yellow slips and work permits with individual supporting documentation - usually when people arent married but are living together in a joint application, evidence of a durable relationship of 2 years or more with all supporting evidence will be required to prove it

I would suggest Gwennys Red Tape Services  in Paphos would be a good  start as i know some non EU nationals who have used her services and had good experiences with them - but you will have to wait upto 6months for the yellow slips   = they have a facebook page too

Yeah, i understand the process itself. Maybe i didn't state it clearly - applying for a "visitor" temporary residence permit, which means i don't intend to work in Cyprus & we both have active & passive incomes elsewhere.

This topic is more to get an info on those 3 particular questions.

Thanks for a detailed response!

even as a visitor you will still need an Alien Registration Certificate (most yellow slips issued only allow temporary residency, even to EU nationals ) and Healthcare provision... and the sums needed as a TCN are in the link shown - multiply those figures by 1.70 to get to a euro figure

Yeah, that's a general requirements, know that.

By the way the info on that link isn't very reliable. For my case according to info from there i have to apply for a "Category F" immigration permit. Actually, "Category F" for example is applicable only if you purchase a property(golden residency). Recently was able to reach a civil registry & migration, but wasn't able to clear all questions and will try later. 

This is an info on the visitor's permit
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/CRMD/crmd.nsf … enDocument

But it also doesn't contain a complete info (see my questions).

THE LINK  http://www.cyprusvisa.eu/cyprus-residen … ments.html 


Category F:
Persons who possess and have fully and freely at their disposal a secured annual income, high enough to give them a decent living in Cyprus, without having to engage in any business, trade or profession. The annual income required should be at least CY�5,600 for a single applicant and moreover at least CY�2,700 for every dependent person, but the Immigration Control Board may demand additional amounts as necessary. Most applicants come under this Category, the majority of them being pensioners or retired persons.

For the granting of an immigration permit application is submitted on form M.67 to the Civil Registry and Migration Department directly or through the District Aliens and Immigration Branches of the Police. The application should be accompanied by the appropriate documents, depending on the Category for which it is submitted.

Applications for Category F which are the most usual should be accompanied by the original documents regarding the income of the applicants. Applicants who are abroad may submit an application directly to Cyprus, as stated above or through the local Consular Authorities of the Republic of Cyprus. The applications are examined by the Immigration Control Board which submits a relevant suggestion to the Minister of the Interior for a decision to be taken.

The fees for the granting of immigration permit amount to CY�70 and are paid against a receipt following the approval of the application and before the issue of the immigration permit.

http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/CRMD/crmd.nsf … #_Section5


Cyprus residence and work permit for EU citizens
Nationals from EU Member States have the right to enter Cyprus by simply showing a valid EU passport or ID Card without having to register upon arrival. If there is an intention to stay for more than three months (and / or take up employment), then they have to:

Apply within eight (8) days of their arrival for an Alien Registration Certificate (ARC), at the local Immigration Branch of the Police (issued automatically for monitoring purposes) and pay the relevant fee (CY�20).
Apply for a social insurance number securing employment in Cyprus.
Apply for a residence permit (the application must be submitted before the expiration of this 3-month period to the Civil Registration and Migration Department, through the local Immigration Branch of the Police). The said residence permit is issued within six months from the date of application and the submission of the required documents by the applicant (please note that a fine is imposed in case of non-compliance).
Necessary documents required when applying for a residence permit

Valid passport or Identity Card
The document of Engagement of Employment (forming part of the application) stamped by the Labour Department, showing the code of economic activity of the employer.
The application and renewal fees for the mentioned residence permit for an EU national and to the members of the family, are CY�5.

It should be noted that the conclusion of formalities for acquiring a residence permit is not an obstacle to the immediate commencement of employment. Interested applicants can get the application forms from the Civil Registry and Migration Department, Ministry of Interior and from the local Immigration Branch of the Police.

When the residence permit is renewed for the first time, the period of residence permit can be restricted to one year, if the holder continues to be involuntarily unemployed for more than twelve consecutive months. After the expiration of this 1-year period, the permit cannot be renewed, if the holder is still unemployed.

The residence permit for employment purposes is valid for a 5-year period and is not withdrawn solely on grounds that he/she is temporarily incapable of employment as a result of illness or accident or if he/she is unintentionally unemployed as certified by the Department of Labour.

A temporary residence permit for employment purposes, can be limited to the expected period of employment in the following cases:

For a period of employment exceeding 3 months but not exceeding a year or when a person is working for a person providing services in the Republic.
For seasonal employment exceeding 3 months, except for the cases where no permit is required (article 10 of N.92(I)/2003).
The members of the family of a European national, have to right to exercise an employed or self-employed activity in the Republic of Cyprus. This permit should be reviewed after a period of two years from the date of issue.

In case nationals of EU Member States wish to pursue a profession that is regulated in Cyprus such as lawyer, medical doctor, accountant, engineer, electrician etc, by legislation determining the specific necessary qualifications and the procedure for acquiring the right to pursue the profession, then the person concerned should contact the competent body responsible to receive and examine applications for the specific profession to acquire the relevant permit, the same way that exists for the Cypriot nationals.

A fine is imposed in the case of non-compliance (Law N92(I)/2003) and specifically a fine of CY�500 to any employer employing a European national without a residence permit as well as to a European national working in Cyprus without the said permit.

Good luck

If these are out of date or maybe not complete - please feel free to update us all here  - it would be most helpful

Yeah that is simply incorrect info, that visa is for a property owners, at least this is what the officer of civil registry & migration department told me today by phone. It can be some misunderstanding, or may not. If anyone reading this have doubts - call them to make sure. i'm not interested in proving if i'm right or wrong about it as i want to apply for a different permit.

It isn't the same with the temporary residency visitor permit which i'm talking about in this thread.(expendable for up to 4 years maximum).

I wont argue with you over it  - but FWIW it think its the same - we are all temporary visitor residents  as there is no mention of property owning at all = even property owners are still temporary residents unless theyve gone the route of residency plus citizenship with EU passport rights by buying a specific value of property- as i said best to speak to the dept then

good luck

i understand its the pink slip you are referring to...

"In order to be eligible for this type of permit, the applicant will firstly need to show that he has adequate income from abroad to cover his living expenses whilst residing in Cyprus without the need to find employment."

"This permit is the perfect solution for persons who wish to prolong their stay in Cyprus for more than 3 months (90 days). This type of permit is valid for 1 year and can be renewed on an annual basis. Under this permit, a person is allowed to live in Cyprus on a temporary basis and also bring his close family members to live with him.

In order to be eligible for this type of permit, the applicant will firstly need to show that he has adequate income from abroad to cover his living expenses whilst residing in Cyprus without the need to find employment. Furthermore, the applicant will need to prove that he has suitable accommodation. It is possible for non-EU nationals to either rent or own property in Cyprus. It is important to note that if the holder of a Temporary Residence Permit stays outside the country for a period of more than 3 months, then such permit is automatically cancelled and the permit holder will need to apply again."

i still think there may be an issue with the income proof depending on what your "active and passive" income refers too.

anyway good luck

Yes, that is probably it.
I don't know if that`s a pink slip cause that not how they classify those permits on official websites.

It is normally called by the officials/agencies as "temporary residence permit - visitor" or just "temporary residence permit".

Regarding to the info about it (which i ask in initial questions), might be useful for someone here:

1. Required income / deposit amount is 10000 EUR/year at this moment. So, there is basically 3 options:
1) - To prove the annual income which is > 10000 eur.
2) - To deposit a minimum or 10000 eur in Cyprus bank account. However in this case for a higher chance suggested amount is to be 2-3 times higher.
3) Combination of both.

Numbers given to me by civil registry and migration department.
That`s super confusing why they don't provide clear information about this anywhere. The agencies also say different things about it. Quite an effort to clarify this options and numbers.

2. "One of the agencies suggested me to first apply for 12 months visa extension and then for a temporal residence." - That is just nonsense, i suppose they suggest it to charge some additional fees.

3. "Seems like me & my gf have to make 2 separate applications if not married." - Correct.

Note: This information is a result of my personal research, confirm with migration dept if required.

thank you for your clarification

especially on the numbers = but i suspect that those numbers change from day to day depending on who you see thats the way it works here and other countries too (ie Malta)

dont expect clear information on anything here - personally, the best advice and information we have ever had  here has always been from the CSC (Citizens Service Centres) they are absolutely superb

I had one lawyer tell me it was 10,000 euros deposited in a Cyprus Bank and another one say 15,000 euros.  That plus a rental agreement.

Much depends on where you are from,, nationality, financial status, working or retired etc.....

New topic