Looking for work in malaysia

i am kurt from philippines and im coming to malaysia this january 14 next year, im a graduate of bachelor science of hotel restaurant management with 2 years experience of hotel and restaurants. im currently looking for a job around malaysia. im hoping that someone can help me..

try apply somewhere in usj1 Summit hotel, i heard they looking for people to employ. If you do get one, u can find me for a place to rent near there.  ;)

really? well thank you miss for helping me.. they do direct or need to put you in agent? coz im just a tourist there and im looking for a company that process my visa too while im working with them,,..

Need to be outside Malaysia while working visa is processed in all cases. This rule was introduced in August 2016.

These people offer "internship" placements and process visa (it's a way to get a job in Hospitality in Malaysia) - but have to be outside Malaysia to start the process, as usual. http://casa.edu.my/home/

hello thanks for the help, but im not looking for a school or a training thing, im looking for a job in malaysia.. i open the site this is a school for training,..

I realise that - they provide jobs and visas, i.e. they are an agent. They call them "internships" because they are registered as a college - to allow them to hire people for the industry. They offer full-time jobs. Local candidates are usually being hired these days, so knowing what is going on is vital. They hire for 4* and 5* hotels.

oh really! this sounds interesting for me.. maybe this company would help me to find a job and do my visa while im working to their company..  well thank you so much for helping me..

The visa application to work in Malaysia needs to be made and the approval given by immigration BEFORE you enter the country to take up the job. Rule introduced in August 2016. i.e. you need a Visa with Reference to enter if you are going to WORK.

in my situation i go malaysia for tourist only and i will be looking for a job when im there. once i get a job i will go back to philippines to wait for my visa process to finish and after i will comeback to malaysia to start work.. and thats my plan,,,... i will be in malaysia on 14jan once im there i will visit the company personally and apply..

Yes that is a good plan. The visa and VDR will take 1-2 months to process.

well thank you! but do you know some other company who accept foreign people? like for walk in applicants..

There is a Restaurant Manager job and others in Genting Highlands advertised here: https://www.premiumoutlets.com.my/career-center/

oh thank you so much this could help me alot,,its too far away from the city i guess but at least have than nothing..

There are a lot of staff from the Philippines working in Genting Highlands. That's why I thought of looking what jobs they had there. You would be unlikely to get a Restaurant Manager job in KL, to be honest. Those jobs would go to locals. I think you may be surprised what jobs are actually on offer.

anyway i read all their hiring its about retails and they are looking for 2 or 3 years retail experience since i dont have this experience maybe they wont let me work..

Oh well, I guess you missed seeing the relevant jobs at the George & Dragon Cafe (they don't need retail experience). Good luck - with your attitude you are going to need it.

thanks again! and yeah hope can get job soon... thanks for helping  your such a kind person..

Kurt, i'll add that you might have much better luck than others because it appears you have certificates in your field. Most people applying in hospitality have nothing at all and then employment becomes problematic. Hotels, resorts, and related are always hiring and I wouldnt be afraid to walk right in and try to talk to someone.

As far as experience in retailing, LIE. What they are asking for is a person who has experience dealing with the public, and with your attitude I dont see that you are a sour or negative or unhappy person around other people so thats a lie you can back up. Relate the experience you have and how to deal professionally with different kinds of people, different kinds of attitudes and cultures.

I recently befriended a little Indian man from India who is working in a little and dirty restaurant. He has this quiet professionalism about him, a light touch and impeccable manners. One day I asked him, "you have this way about you that is many steps above this place, am I right that you came from hotel work?" He said he previously worked in management in a luxury hotel in India. I knew it. Of course he did. If I were interviewing him and needed "retail experience" would I hire him?  In ONE SECOND I would. See?

well thank you for sharing your story to me.. yes, i do have work experience in hotel and coffee shops. in hotel i was working as waiter in a cafe house for months. since before I'm always working as waiter. then for a few months i was thinking to transfer in other department which is front office as guest relationship  officer.. my reason is i want enhance my skills, to know other work and to upgrade myself.. its not about your working as a waiter your always stay as a waiter.. you can reach your dreams if you work hard for it..

i am here in this site coz i was looking for a job.. i will be there in malaysia on sunday and while I'm there i will look for a job.. hope this site can help me to find a job..