Can Indian dentist work in KL?

Hi ,
I am working in Malaysia from last 1 year . We both are Indians.I have permanent job here .I will be bringing my wife here next month .She is dentist by profession .She holds the bachelor degree in dental surgery.Her university is not recognized my MDC .What's the any other procedure she can work here or is there any exam here ?Any help would be highly appreciated .

Thanks ,

If she cannot obtain an APC (annual practicing certificate) from the Malaysian Medical Council  ( she will be unable to practice as a dental surgeon. Foreign dentists, that is, qualified dentists from other countries, are not allowed to hold an annual practicing certificate unless they are studying or lecturing at a higher-learning institute.

There is an appeal process through the Malaysian Dental Council:
Check this out under "Registration" - "Unregistrable_Qualification"

if any indian college is recognised by malaysian dental counsil (like manipal) then do i need to give the test for pratising dentistry in malaysia?

Yes, you always need a valid licence - the same as in any other country. Even a teaching position requires a valid licence. That's because its considered the same as providing medical advice/treatment to the public. You can find requirements on job adverts.

Hi Mohit & White

Mohit your wife is practicing now? same issue with me my wife is Masters in Dentisrty  try to find Job for her as usual her university is not accredited with MDC

Pls comment

Doctors are imported all the time, not dentists too?

I dont know about this topic except that in the past when there were shortages of various practitioners, the government would open the doors for imports. Last I heard they were strongly advising local students to take up these professions so that imports could be avoided in the future. I believe, for MDs anyway, there is a kind of ON-OFF switch. They import for three months, shut it down, then a year later its opened again. Is there actually a current, firm policy about foreign practitioners? Are dentists, and others, separated from MDs in this regard?

Hi guys,
              I am too struggling to find an opportunity to work in KL. I guess only lecturer jobs are open for dentists with 'unregistrable degree' as per MDC.  Pls. help me out if any of you guys have gone through this kind of problem. Thanks.

Hi you can't work as a dentist. Simple! Reason is to protect Malaysians who invest in being dentists from cheap foreign competition.

So either go home or (Canada etc where they want immigrants) or enjoy being a lecturer!

Life is easy these days and people are less used to disappointment than previous generations, but tough that is the way it is.

Hi there! I am in the same position and I am looking into it as we are moving to KL this year. Any info would be greatly appreciated

iam now lecturing at one of the dental faculties and have TPC, can I work in private clinic with same tpc

I am looking to work in Malaysia. What are the criteria to work as a lecturer in Malaysia? thanks in advance.

hi..i am dentist from college is registered under malaysia dental council. WHAT  are the steps i need to follow to work as a lecturer or to obtain practising certificate

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

drmom :

iam now lecturing at one of the dental faculties and have TPC, can I work in private clinic with same tpc

hello drmom,
Can I know if your college is registered under MDC. How did u get through your TPC. Also can i know your work experience. As i am also looking to apply for TPC. Looking forward for ur reply. Thanks.

I am teaching in Dental college for 20+ years. Whats the qualification to teach in Kuala Lumpur?
What are the steps involved. I am pretty fluent in English.

Hello Everyone, my company is looking to hire dentist and dental technicians in Malaysia for work in a trading company and lab based in Johor. I am going to be a new expat there so if there is anyone here who wants to explore this please message me.


Can I get in touch with you?
Would like to know more details about the role you are mentioning.


Pls contact me

Moderated by Bhavna 9 months ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct


Yes, do you use whatsapp? if so send me your mobile and I will get my colleague in Singapore to contact you.

Hello am a dentist and i would like to know if this offer is still valid or not.

Can I hav further details on that.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 months ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

I am dentist from India ( m college is non registrable ) n I have also done MSc in clinical research n Regulatory affairs.
Please message me if there are still openings for a Dentist in your company.

Sorry for my late reply.
I have no need for a dentist but dental technicians now.
Not sure if you can practice in Malaysia.
Regulatory affairs experice, can you let me know in what area? and if it is in Malaysia.

Thank you

How a Indian dentist can work in Malaysia.

No nationality apart from Malaysians can work as dentists. You can teach dentistry that's it. Rarely some can work in government places on an exchange program. Low pay, poor facilities, high stress....


Ok.thanks for your reply.
Actually without teaching experience can we get job in college

Best you contact the MDC.  They are the experts!

  I am an Indian dentist with Australian Dental Council preliminary qualification
I m interested in the opportunity.Is there a phone number i can reach you on


Hi,I had 6 months working experience in India as dentist but my college is not recognized in MDC so will I get teaching job year what are the prices for it and pay can u pls help me

Hello, please inform the procedures for a Indian dentist to work in your recruitment place.

Same concerns here., do inform me if you find any details

Hi i am a dental surgeon from india with 3 year 2 months of work experience I'm looking for a job in Malaysia . Kindly help

New topic