Working as IT without a degree

Hello everyone!

does anyone know if it is possible to find a job (visa D?) as webdesigner or IT in germany without an university degree? I have experience in these fields and some certifications but not a degree. In fact, in my origin country I worked as IT in the Goethe-Institut.

Thanks.

It's probably not very likely.  A question you should ask yourself is, why should an employer hire you over another candidate which has a degree AND certifications?  There are many candidates already in Germany and the EU which may be better qualified.

As Romaniac said above, to have a chance you need to find an employer willing to hire you for a job that requires your special niche skills and for which they cannot find any suitable EU citizen candidate. Nothing in life is impossible, but it's your decision after which of your dreams you chase. Good luck!

The next problem will pop up at immigration. If you don't have a diploma you're Mr. / Ms. / Mrs. Nobody. BTW: A D Visa is not the work permit to work AND live here!

Thanks for your opinions. Maybe to find a no qualification job is more realistic in my situation. Once in Germany I could explore if I can find something better.

Thanks!