We love the DR and have plans to buy a villa in the Sousa-Cabarte

Hello everyone !

We are J and Angie from the UK and are newbies here.

We have already read a great many interesting things from forum members - we never realised there would be so many of you !

We love the DR and have plans to buy a villa in the Sousa-Cabarte area next year in a secure gated complex. Initially we will be renting it out, hopefully covering all of the running costs at least, until we can spend more time in DR and ultimately retire there in a few years.. We are currently in the process of investigating this idea as much as possible and wondered what any of the members on here think of this idea? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you all

Welcome guys.  I sounds like you are doing it right.  We live in the Sosua/Cabarete for the last 12 or so years.

Are you looking at Casa Linda??  We have clients who have purchased property in the past and use them as rental units who do cover all of their costs and then some.  It really depends on location, type of property, security, and management team.

We had a rental unit in Cabarete for many years and it always turned a profit and had an occupancy rate of over 85%.

Good luck in your quest.  Do read lots here as lots of info available on the forum.

Bob K

Many thanks Bob K, your response is much appreciated.

Yes, we have been looking at having a villa built at the Casa Linda site.We spent considerable time there whilst in DR for the last 2 weeks, have reserved a plot until the end of this mont,h and are currently back at home trawling through the comprehensive amount of info we acquired during our visit trying to decide whether to put down a deposit and go for it ! We were very impressed with the setup there and to be honest we're wondering whether it was too good to be true that, when they told us that the villas there would at least pay for themselves, it was actually correct etc, hence the joining of this forum and asking the question of people who will have much more knowledge than us and are also independent !

It would be a big step for us as being based in Europe (for the foreseeable future anyway ) we are thinking more long term as far as actually being able to live there permenantly, and so we don't want to cause ourselves unnecessary stress etc. Obviously there are no guarantees but the more people who reassure us that it is not silly idea the better !

We are already aware that there are many expats living in this area and so any advice, knowledge etc that we are able to obtain from any of you will be extremely helpful whilst we are deciding what to do and how to go about it the best way financially for us.

Thank you all

1966aprilia I will send you a PM later today. 

Bob  K

1966aprilia just sent you a PM

Bob K

Hello everyone and welcome to the forum J and Angie.

Just to inform you that this new thread has been created from your posts on the Dominican Republic forum.

All the best,
Bhavna

Thanks for moving the thread

Bob K

The best villa community in sosua cabaret area is Hispaniola residence
Unless you're super wealthy, then it's sea horse.

Hispaniola is good and there are others. I am not sure Sea horse is the best.

Bob K

There are others, but Hispaniola Residence provides everything - wide boulevards, children's play area, high architectural standards, close to amenities and beaches.  Sea Horse is absolutely elite and gorgeous, at least double the cost of any of the other villas, but beautiful and right on the beach.

JULIEB_BCG
Obviously you do not live here nor have spent much time exploring the area as there are many more communities that rival Hispaniola and Sea Horse Ranch.  Not to say that they are not very good but they are not the end all.

Bob K

Actually, I do live there, I spend a great deal of time in Sosua, and I have actually visited almost all of the developments in the area. I didn't say that they were the only developments - I said they were the best - best quality, best managed, best value, best location - thats Hispaniola. Sea Horse is something else, the prices are outrageous for the average person, but the quality of the property is by far the best in the whole area.

We will agree to disagree on Sea Horse as being the best and that Hispaniola is one of the best but there are other bests.

Bob K