EU-Route for Partners

Hi.

My Dutch boyfriend and I want to register me as his partner. In NL it is complicated for us due to the income requirement. He studies/works half time so he doesn't meet it but he has savings.

We have heard about the EU route where with proof of a long standing relationship the permit can be authorised as unmarried partners. We have lived with each other 3 times in NL and 4 in Mexico for study or travel. Have daily Skype conversation transcripts, photos, old visas, etc.

1. Given he doesn't meet the income requirement. Anyone knows if he could live/register in BE or DE  as self-sufficient (On his own savings. If so, does someone know the required savings amount?) while commuting few days a week to Holland for study? - and applying for me based on savings rather than income in one of these countries- we thought of it as a possibility.

2. I understand I could be there with him for 3 months as a tourist or a work permit and then apply for my change of purpose but what if the visa is not authorised before my 3 month Schengen visa ends or the visa I am in, at the time?

We thought of this possibility:
-I go to BE at the Dutch border with a work permit as an au pair (up to a year)
-He comes join me immediately and we rent/live together.
-He registers as EU resident in BE based on his own savings (Possible?)
-While I am there we apply for partnership under EU law based one his own savings instead of income (Possible?) - and our documented long standing 5 year relationship.

Any helpful thoughts? :)

Thanks.

Mau

Mauricio119 wrote:

-While I am there we apply for partnership under EU law based one his own savings instead of income (Possible?) - and our documented long standing 5 year relationship.

Thanks.

Mau

Hi Mau and welcome to the Forum. :)

As you seem to want advice relating to you emigrating to Belgium, then it's probably better to ask your question in our Belgian forum; this link will take you there.

Cynic wrote:
Mauricio119 wrote:

Thanks.

Mau

Hi Mau and welcome to the Forum. :)

As you seem to want advice relating to you emigrating to Belgium, then it's probably better to ask your question in our Belgian forum; this link will take you there.

Thank you! I will try that. : )

Hi I'm german citizen living in Netherlands while my boyfriend is in Germany i want to bring him with me to the Netherlands for that we want us to get registered partnership, the Question is that do i need a certificate of no impediment in order to register my partnership with him as it is required for marriage does it require for register partnership as well? Or just my single certificate and certificate of civil status are enough? Anyone can answer please ;) thanks ;)

alinasir81 wrote:

Hi I'm german citizen living in Netherlands while my boyfriend is in Germany i want to bring him with me to the Netherlands for that we want us to get registered partnership, the Question is that do i need a certificate of no impediment in order to register my partnership with him as it is required for marriage does it require for register partnership as well? Or just my single certificate and certificate of civil status are enough? Anyone can answer please ;) thanks ;)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Certificates of no-impediment are for marriage only.  If your boyfriend is a German, then he has the right to live and work anywhere in the EU.  If he's not an EU national, then assuming you are registered with the Gemeente where you live in the Netherlands you can sponsor his Dutch visa; you can read all about it on the IND website, this link will take you straight to it.

My advice is that you follow my link, read all the information and if you have any further specific questions, then please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Good day thank you for the answer :) and yes he is Non European had applied Aslyum here which had a negative answer now because i have moved to Netherlands i want him to bring with me to Netherlands we wanted to marry but the problem was this certificate of no impediment which takes a lot of time so we decided we can do “geregistreerd partnerschap” so didn't know that if i require the same documents. ;)

alinasir81 wrote:

Hi Good day thank you for the answer :) and yes he is Non European had applied Aslyum here which had a negative answer now because i have moved to Netherlands i want him to bring with me to Netherlands we wanted to marry but the problem was this certificate of no impediment which takes a lot of time so we decided we can do “geregistreerd partnerschap” so didn't know that if i require the same documents. ;)

Then follow the link and please let us know how you get on.

Best of luck.

Cynic
Expat Team