Tricky Situation

So, I'm looking to emigrate to Netherlands (I'm from the UK) and have family located over there (also UK nationals) who have lived there for 5+ years now.

I'm currently dating an Egyptian national for over 3 years now and I would, of course, like to move with her.

So my question is, how can we apply to help her with the visa processing etc?

Can my family sponsor her (as they have jobs) or can I sponsor her as an EU citizen?

Thanks in advance for any input, I've been looking for info for hours!

As your "girlfriend", she needs to qualify in her own right.  Does she already live in the EU and have a Residence Card?

Noah ok, thanks

No she doesn’t.

Why the quotes around girlfriend? Haha

The quotes are because it means something in immigration terms.  If she was your legal partner or wife, it would be a lot easier.

As a non-EU citizen, she needs to go through an immigration process and get a residence permit.  The Dutch Government immigration department (IND) contains the information she needs; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Expat Team

New topic