Resignation during probation period

Hello every one i  join a new company 23 days ago during this period I got a new offer from another company I already sign contract and visa is transferred to my current employer but as I stated I got better offer from other so I resign and ask for mobility our HR manager refuse to acept my resignation and as well he is not ready to give me mobility as I don't want to loose my new offer so I went to lmra they said you can't resign during probation period you should go to labour dept now i have a question
As per Bahrain labor law I can resign during probation period???
If I went to labor dept they will help me to solve my issue or they will support my current employer ???
I am too much confused what to do and really I don't want to loose new offer I need your valuable advice

Hi,

I doubt they will be in your support, but you can try.

T&R

You can resign during your probation period but it's important to be open about things. Not sure it's ok to sign a new contract before resigning though but I feel it's a minor detail. You need to go to Ministry of Labour and talk to them. They are great. Had the same problem and they helped me out. Your sponsor will get money back when you transfer your visa. Make sure you hand a letter of resignation to the which they need to sign. If they refuse to sign it send a registered letter to them from the post office and keep the receipt. This proves you have notified them of your resignation even if they don't accept the letter. Do not fail to visit the Ministry of Labour. Not LMRA.
Good luck!

Nomsky wrote:

You can resign during your probation period but it's important to be open about things. Not sure it's ok to sign a new contract before resigning though but I feel it's a minor detail. You need to go to Ministry of Labour and talk to them. They are great. Had the same problem and they helped me out. Your sponsor will get money back when you transfer your visa. Make sure you hand a letter of resignation to the which they need to sign. If they refuse to sign it send a registered letter to them from the post office and keep the receipt. This proves you have notified them of your resignation even if they don't accept the letter. Do not fail to visit the Ministry of Labour. Not LMRA.
Good luck!

Thank you for explaining things in details.

T&R

Happy to help if I can. Went through all this last year and I know how stressful these issues are. Ministry of Labour might not be able to help with anything though unless there is a contract.

Hi, I just wanna ask what is the first process regarding this matter, should we send resignation letter which is address to current then right after that notice to Ministry of Labour? please let me me and thanks i n advance.

http://lmra.bh/portal/en/faq/question/44

T&R