Salary for Sales/Sr Sales Engineer in Oman

Hi All,

I am in final stages of an job offer from an Company in Oman.They are offering me 900OR / month + family accomodation Status + family medical expense + company car + yearly one month paid trip to India.
Job role is Sales/Sr. Sales Engineer based in Muscat.
Currently I am working as Sales Manager in Kolkata , India for an MNC company with 70k /month. I have 9+ years of work experience.
I am married and have two dependents.
My question is whether the salary of 900OR/month is considerable for an Indian family to live in Muscat. How much can I save ?? What is the salary in Muscat currently for the same profiles??

arnabrumi wrote:

Hi All,

I am in final stages of an job offer from an Company in Oman.They are offering me 900OR / month + family accomodation Status + family medical expense + company car + yearly one month paid trip to India.
Job role is Sales/Sr. Sales Engineer based in Muscat.
Currently I am working as Sales Manager in Kolkata , India for an MNC company with 70k /month. I have 9+ years of work experience.
I am married and have two dependents.
My question is whether the salary of 900OR/month is considerable for an Indian family to live in Muscat. How much can I save ?? What is the salary in Muscat currently for the same profiles??

If you could help yourself a bit and see the Cost of Living Oman section, you will certainly not return back to ask anything further. This has been discussed countless times in this forum.

Secondly, the salary seems okay for a family of three, however the accommodation cost would decide your savings and lifestyle. If your employer provides you the accommodation, then this package may be considered as a fair package though.

Thanks Schaz for your valuable comments.

Hi Everybody !!!

My final offerings by the Company in Oman is 1050 OR/month + Family accomodation status + Family medical benefits + Sales Incentives + Annual appraisal + Company owned conveyance. Position offered is "Sr. Sales Engineer" having 8+ years of experience in India. Married and have wife + mother currently as dependents.

Can anybody help me with the house rents in muscat for a family of 3 (decent and comfortable house) + monthly expense in a family of 3 people. How far is salalah from muscat and is it possible to attend office from there everyday??

Where does majority of indian lives ???

Hello there.. I don't live in Oman but I've been to Muscat for like 20 times and even more. Try to search online on DUBIZZLE for an Apartment you can choose an area that is close to your work. Regarding Salalah. It's far from Muscat like 8 hours driving or something like that.

Hi arnabrumi,

Salalah is the second capital city of the Sultanate. It is located far down south, just on the Yemen border and is a good 1200 kms away from Muscat.

To drive to Salalah from Muscat would take about 11 hours (without any stopover). By air, it would take about 2 hours of flying time. So driving daily to work, or even flying daily to work is not a possibility.

All other details which you have asked for have already been amply provided in the 'Cost of Living' forum. Do help yourself to the wealth of information that is available there.

It would also help if you would look at a map of Oman, to have some basic idea and understanding of what the country looks like.

Hi everyone ,

I am moving to Muscat in the month of February '2018..

Need help regarding couple of things mentioned below:
1) Sharing rent near to Hamriya for 2-4 months.
2) Good gynaecologist cum surgeon to consult during , at and after pregnancy. My wife to join me in mid of next year.

Dr. Maheshwari from NMC Ruwi is a good Gynaecologist
A 2 Bed room Flat in Ruwi / Hamriya area cost 250 to 275 omani riyal
In Hamriya - you may be able to get sharing accomodation for 100 omr
In Hamriya , you should be very careful in choosing homes, because some localities are not good
Try to get accomodation in Ruwi rather than in Hamriya

Dear All,

Am moving to Muscat in the mid of Jan/ start of Feb '2018.

Would be joining a company over there. Am from Kolkata in India.

Looking for a sharing rent with a nice person initially.

You have to contact somebody whom you know sincerely to get a shared accommodation

it is better , if you can get a shared accommodation from some-body within the company

you may not know how good the other person is

However you can try shared accommodation in olx.om