How to complain in Ministry of Manpower

Hi everyone,
Can somebody advice me on what to do?
My company is always giving our salary very late, and by late it means almost a month after the cut off. I know it's not that much late but most of my colleagues have families back home who are waiting for their allotment. In my case, I need to pay to the bank on time, otherwise there will be a penalty. Is it ok if we all go to the ministry and file a complain?

Hi
You can go through the ministry of manpower website

Yes ofcourse , you have the right to do so. But it is better to submit a request by the name of all your co-workers to the Execun of your company on this subject and if he does not respond , then move t o MM so as to solve your matter.

regards,

Is there.any email.address of ministry of manpower to complaint ... the direct email.add contact

visit https://www.manpower.gov.om and you'll get all your answers.

I go already to there email add but i cant find the answer of my question there i like the direct number of ministry  of labor  for my confidential complain i need one person to contact that can be fair with the employer and employee .

Ybhur wrote:

I go already to there email add but i cant find the answer of my question there i like the direct number of ministry  of labor  for my confidential complain i need one person to contact that can be fair with the employer and employee .

The number and email address is already mentioned in the website. If you don't get a reply (Which is very obvious - in Oman), you have no option other than visit the manpower yourself and register a complaint. All you need to do is to fill a form  and submit it.

Secondly, you may also complaint at your local embassy which may be beneficial for you (perhaps better than manpower ministry). Your options are limited but possibilities always exist. Best of luck!

Go to your embassy first, if you go directly to ministry you'll look like a fool there. Nobody will entertain you.

Jomarie wrote:

Go to your embassy first, if you go directly to ministry you'll look like a fool there. Nobody will entertain you.

I would object your comment.  The information that you have stated is not correct. I you don't know something, you shouldn't say anything in the air.

Check this https://www.juaninoman.com/mom-online-l … s-service/

Assalamualaikum,
Somebody advice me what to do?
My company not paid for over time work to me.
And also not provide time schedule for work I work daily 12,13 hour without over time paid.
As I discuss with manager and all senior staff regards this. They all tell me if you need work you have to work like this otherwise go cancelled without NOC.

Vazeer wrote:

Assalamualaikum,
And also not provide time schedule for work I work daily 12,13 hour without over time paid.
As I discuss with manager and all senior staff regards this. They all tell me if you need work you have to work like this otherwise go cancelled without NOC.

The labour law of Oman states that the allowable working hours a week should not exceed more than 48 hours. Anything that is beyond the working limit is considered as an overtime. However, in reality, this usually doesn't happen because of the slavery work culture in small SMEs all over the country. You may read our contract and consult the ministry of labour to register a complaint.

dear,

open ministry of manpower website. click on services then manpower services and then choose "file a complaint" file your complaint there and then you will receive a message for your hearing. on 1st hearing both parties will be called in ministry and will try for settlement; if there is no settlement then they will transfer the case to court.

Hi maam, sir. good afternoon
I just want to ask where can i make a complain about my employeer about for holding my passport.
Im working now almost 6 months and i dont have a contract i dont have insurance  dont have a health cards i just want to ask where can i go to make a complain hope you read my message thank you

Hi Troycabasag,

You only have to look above your post for the answer ...

Also, you can complain to your local embassy about your issues at work.

Thank you sir for the good advice
Because i dont have any experience about this matter thank you so much sir have a good day
Now i know where i go..

It also depend what kind of work you perform? What is your position btw?

Isn't it 45 hours a week with 9 hours daily and 2 days off?

Troycabasag wrote:

Hi maam, sir. good afternoon
I just want to ask where can i make a complain about my employeer about for holding my passport.
Im working now almost 6 months and i dont have a contract i dont have insurance  dont have a health cards i just want to ask where can i go to make a complain hope you read my message thank you

yes you can complain in ministry of manpower(online) for not having a contract till now.
for other benefits if company agree with you and you have any proof such as email etc then you can also include that in your complaint.
(depending on your visa type and designation)

shakeel50 wrote:

Isn't it 45 hours a week with 9 hours daily and 2 days off?

article 68 labor law of oman: 9 hrs per day and total of 45 hrs per week including 30 mints per for rest.

Ybhur wrote:

complaint is not possible by email. it shall be by website of ministry of manpower or through sanad office.

Vazeer wrote:

Assalamualaikum,

submit a complaint in ministry of manpower asking for your overtime.

complaint can be submitted online or through sanad office.

normal working hours are 9 hrs per day including 30 mint rest and over time is allowed for 12 hr; if more than 12 hr then require permission from ministry of manpower.

any body can help me. almost 6 months my salary late, i need to go back in my country but the prob. is my balance salary they not give. the company ask no buisness.what will i do..tnx

Hi adrian0780,

First, contact your local embassy and explain to them your problems. They will tell you how to go about it.

Second, please read the numerous other posts on similar subject lines right here on the forum. You will know that you are not alone in this and you will also know what are the steps you must take to get your dues back.

Pease contact your embassy. Good luck

Lol, I see alot of people work over 12 hr including me

any body can help me. almost 4 months my salary late, we want our full salary . the company ask no buisness.what will i do..tnx
& can u give me wepside

@hajra madam.. I gone through ministry . they heard nd given next date. But almost they are supporting to omani only. Although they didnt given me salary. Nd didn't made my bank account till now. I have completed my 11 monthsin oman. No over time , they are saying me to live with labours. Whats the procedure madam.?

Please I have issues at hand .. Am in Muscat almarat
I want to go back to my country they refuse to allow me they say unless I pay back which I don't have there money please what can I do

Hi Dear,

You have to go to the Sanad Center and request them to put a complaint by online.

You have to keep your original Resident Card

Dear friend,

You can ask the Ministry of Manpower to forward the case to the Court

You can contact ***

Moderated by Diksha 5 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Am also from Nigeria I work more than  15hours too and am not even bother by dat .but nw my mum is sick and I want to go back to Nigeria to check my mum but dey said I will pay for all the ticket and the visa they do to come do oman and also pay for my ticket to go back why are they treating us like this nw are we not human like dem

Dear Sir

I have submitted resignation and worked through notice period. I want to exit oman and cancel my work visa. My company doesn't want to cancel work visa. Where do I complain to get my visa cancelled.

I have been not paid my salary from last 8 months from feb, 2020 till date what i can do actually i have resident card (pataka). Not even employer responding to this matter nor embassy is able to pressurize the employer

Goodmorning,pls am done with my contract as a housemaid,and I want to work here in Oman,my boss said he will not allow me to step out until I pay 800 rials.

what  type of job u are doing there? plz tell me

Hi i am sagar from india i came on 12th january 2021 in muscat working in a cafe since 3months i have not got my offer letter,employment letter,health card,civil id and bank card but my employer took my passport.

Even when i ask about my documents they are threatening me to pay 700 omani rial go find another job n pay me 700 rial.for what reason i should pay?

I need cheng my company

l would like to change my company. Do i need a letter From my current company to move to a new company? Or what would i Do if he didn't give me the ashes? Seki will be able to Force me to STAY in his company