What are the dos and don'ts of finding a job in Saudi Arabia?

Hello everyone,

Where is the best place to start when looking for a job in Saudi Arabia? Is it better to job-hunt by directly contacting the company of your interest, or should job-seekers rely on a recruitment agency, for example?

Are there any unique aspects that job-seekers should consider when preparing their CV/résumé and cover letter? Should a photo be included?

Do you have any tips on interview conduct in Saudi Arabia? Are there any particulars, such as greetings or behavioural customs?

In you opinion, is knowledge of the local language or a regional language necessary to successfully apply for a job? What level of the language should job-seekers have mastered?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi Job Hunters,

I am pleased to share my 20 years GCC experience for job hunting.

I feel that job hunting is not a challenging thing in GCC. If you have proper qualification and basic experienced for the target job.

Many people do the mistake by visiting door to door in every office and dropping their CV. Mostly those CV's is going in Trash Bin.

Best way is check online job portals, like bayt, Monster, etc.

regards

You have watch on expatiates web sit as all most require post are showing there regularly and be careful while yo apply for any vacancy with complete package salary, contract period, work hours, medical facilities, vacation dues, air ticket to your home country after vacation so be careful while make any deal for any vacancy in any gulf country and make sure you read contract properly better in English.
with regards;
Manzoor

Referral is most important.
Approach people who know you  as professional.
Dont send CV unless u call them or visit them.
Prepare you CV as per job requirement.
Grow you professional circle, as relationship matters.

Hey All Respected Viewer.
                                            In Saudi Arabia is very easy can find the Job. Here is a grate business of Expat. They open a Establishment for Construction Name and they supply a Manpower supply in the Kingdom.
Soo many office in Big cities of such like supplier Jubail, Dammam, Rayidh , Jaddah, Yanboh, etc.
They given the advertisement on www. expatriates.com. Local job hunter contact them on Cell phone or by mail. They can Speak Hindi, Urdu, English, Arabic. Etc. But in market Medium English speaker can survive. Labor like categories is not necessary English. But if can speak is a plus point added for future.

Maximum company paid wages on hourly basis, but some paid fixed salary.

But now market is clops, not too much jobs due to market crises. Now a difficult to find a job for freelancer.
Who came in company visa they have now no trouble .
Thanks for reading my art-cal related for job hunter in Saudi Arabia.

Relationship always matters. Knowledge of local language is always a plus point.

Salaam sir
  But I'm looking from July nobody gives any response so sometimes I feel there is a problem in CV but I checked my CV many times to modify it in a best way but still no response please help I have a free visa

Dear all.

Read all ur replies.. thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts.

Lauguage
English is essiential language and can get low level to highest level job easily in any kind of firm.. but Arabic has added value and is comousoly in some specific jobs example something related to govn or ministries.

Skill level
You can find low level to mid level job online eg expatriates or bayt or Arab newspaper. But high level or good companies mostly hire by refferals or from another competitors.

Salary and Benefits
Local est packages are not good and will try to cut your benefits due to any good reason they can find.. Multinationals on other hand offers good packages. So always know first where you are appling. Try to find reputable org.

CV
Your CV must be concise and to the point. Dont exceed more then two pages. Keep the details to be discussed during an interview. Check for grammer mistakes and mention techinical details related to your job. Put your achievments.

Interview
Be prepared for interview call.. search for most common questions mighy asked during interview. Be there 15 mins before agreed time.

I hope this will help.. there are good opportunities but also note 2020 plan where all expats will be moved out in next two years leaving only labor or driver etc kind of jobs.

Happy hunting
Regards xx

Dear Ahmed,

The Last LIne " there are good opportunities but also note 2020 plan where all expats will be moved out in next two years leaving only labor or driver etc kind of jobs " are the true message for job hunters.

Sir if u don't mind may I send my CV for check it
I'm so embarrassed how to get a job

Hi,
Actually finding jobs in Saudi Arabia is quiet easy and if you have connections that makes it even easier.
When hunting for a job, it's best you apply first on online job portals like bayt.com  or websites like expatriates or check the available vacancies on the company's website.

With regards to speaking Arabic, it's not compulsory for most of the companies unless your position requires you to interact with locals.

Finally, for the CV its best to make it short ,simple and straight to the point. Also, putting a picture on your cv is not necessary unless the company requests it. Hope this helped.

Best of luck!

Yes I know that sir
But I'm in Saudi now and I have spent 15000 riyals to reach here so anyhow I must do a job at least for a 1year

Ok send me ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Yes we still have time and not sure if there maybe some changes in the plan .. lets see but there will be reduction forsure.

Hello, ma'm . I have a Experience in Saudi Arabia . But currently I can't search job here because I wanna go there . I wanna go other country.

Yes indeed.. no idea maybe there will be changes in plan lets hope and keep praying and doing hard work.

Hi,
Its quite complicated about finding jobs. What I know now is completely different to when I first started. Nonetheless, I am grateful for all my experiences. The training schools gave some insight into how to obtain a job but particularly in the country that you would really want to be in, no, not much help. I learned a lot by experience.

In short - the Dos
1. Helps to know some Arabic.
2. Be prepared for the worst.

Don'ts
1. Never agree on the first price. It's a negotiating culture.
2. Don't panic. People may seem tough on the outside, but really they are very kind and helpful.

http://beduinculture.weebly.com/

Am a housekeeper I need a transfer to another family without an old lady... I discussed with my sponsor and he agreed to transfer.... so how do I get my next job... I have worked for them 5yrs... going on my vacation December but I need to have my transfer first.....

Roqia,
According to your statement you have to search another family who need a Housekeeper. That family will request officially to your recent sponsor. If he accept then your visa will be transfer to new one sponsor.

all answers depend on your job. Some jobs need to speak local dialect . Where are you no? In saudi arabia, it's better to be here to find a job