What is poutine?

One of the things you may learn to love if you visit Montreal is poutine. Fries, cheese curds and gravy. The Quebec dish is now spreading to other parts of Canada. Aside from the classic version there are lots of other toppings available. Here is a pic of the T-Rex poutine served at La Banquise in Montreal. this has smoked sausage, bacon, ground beef and hot dogs on top. They offer 28 different toppings. At first I was resistant (chips and gravy?) but now I love it which must mean after 3 years here I am becoming more Canadian. I 'm going to upload more pics here at Expat.com.
For more on poutine check out my blog post.

Dear England, Love Canada

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pDpXv1hd_tQ/TW1Khlg30vI/AAAAAAAAENA/ZVpvtnUUPx0/s400/DSC_0028.JPG

muahah T REX! how much was the dish? i still havent got used to the extra taxes and tips you're suppose to pay on top of the menu price.
- Leon

Yum :D

I love poutine, after I came over here for October I had to keep nipping to a chippie and getting chips with cheese and gravy, not the same but was good. Find it weird not having chippies here though and calling chips fries.

hmm it seems to be better than the one I had :/
But it still a remarquable experience :D

La Banquise menu

Above is the menu for La Banquise - in answer to the question about prices. Taxes are around 15pc.

Well it is not my favorite, I tried many of them even in the sport restaurants and I really don't like it at all.