The best things to discover in Indonesia

Hello everyone,

What have you discovered in Indonesia that you would recommend to other expats?

Are there any places that you enjoy visiting on the weekends, be it areas of natural beauty or shopping malls? Are there any Indonesian dishes that you would recommend?

What are some of the best activities in Indonesia?

Are there any unique customs or places you were introduced to by locals that you think other expats might be interested in? Are there any local festivals that expats might want to get involved with?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Indonesia is beautiful country different to anywhere. We have food and happy people and I would not want to leave here for anywhere. In different places we have different special food such as central java and sulawesi and sumatra. On weekend I with my friends to mall or each other rooms for listen music and talking about life. Indonesia is the best country on the earth.

Indonesia is a very interesting country with a wide variety of options.
Many like the bars in South Jakarta but that's far from much in Indonesia.
The amazing temples at Borobudur are magnificent (understatement) and there are a million smaller places to be found all over Java.

The street food is an adventure in itself, such a wide variety available you'll never run out of new things to try.

Monas is always worth a visit but you have to get in early to avoid the queue.

TMII, or the mini Indonesia not far outside Jakarta is a cracking place, and an absolute must for anyone interested in this country.

A lot like to visit the thousand islands off Jakarta where a variety of sea sports are available, or you can just chill out on a beach.

Lombok, especially Sengigi beach and the Gili islands are a diver's paradise - the place is amazing in the extreme it's well worth a break there.

The safari park in Bogor is nothing short of great.

Jakarta's old town (Kota tua) is worth a couple of hours. The museums are interesting but take a look around the edges as there are sometimes art exhibitions around there.

If art is your bag, there are art based coffee shops and several nice galleries.

and a million other things that'll come to mind later.

Their smoking areas are their specialties. but you don't get it easily.