How to switch work visa to dependent visa?

Hello everyone,

I am going to get married here in Bahrain through court marriage. And after marriage, I will go back home in Phillipines and come back under my husband's visa.

I am currently working for 7 months now and I have given my resignation sent through registered post. My sponsor knows that I sent a letter but refused to accept it, so the letter is sent back to post office.

Eventhough I gave resignation with 1 month notice as per Labor law of Bahrain, my sponsor is asking me to pay 400 bd so he can give me back my passport and cancel my visa. But I told to his secretary that I am not going to pay the amount since I am giving my 1 month notice - I am still working in the hospital by the way.

In addition to that, I worked for 2 weeks from May 1- May 14 then resumed my work last May 25. I was absent for 8 days total but my sponsor even included friday which is my off day as an absence. It is really ridiculous how he deducted my salary; 1 day absence equivalent to 3 days deduction (1=3 days).

I am currently working for 7 months now and my contract is 1 year only. The thing is, my sponsor refused to discuss with me on matters regarding my resignation.

I gave my 1 month notice and it will end up until this June 18, 2017. I called LMRA Hotline for their advice but the agent said they cannot help me with the cancellation of work visa, she advised me to speak with my sponsor because there is a chance that my sponsor will put me blacklisted once I left Bahrain. As I told earlier, my sponsor refused to speak with me. And I am really scared because my sponsor will be out of the country on June 8, that is on thursday this week.

Can you please advice me what is the best thing to do?

= What is the procedure to cancel my work visa (My work permit is 1 year) if the sponsor refused to speak with me at all?

= How can I switch work visa to dependent visa?

=Does my sponsor can sue me damages for the remaining months of my contract even if I already gave my 1 month notice?

=Is there any chance that he can put me blacklisted in Bahrain if my work visa is not cancelled?

Regards,
Liali

You need to go to isa to the ministry of labor and they will help you. Thebsame happened to me but I called the us embassy they called the hotel I worked at so cuz if that they fired me 😂😂