Family visa for unfit expat

Hi

I came bahrAin in 2016 June on family visa. I got work visa in April 2017  so my family visa. cancelled. I failed my medical checkup now  for some small lymphnode in chest . Can I go for family visa again. I m desperate to be here as my kid  also here studying... please help

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, your husbands employer has to initiate the process of applying for a dependent visa.

T&R

Yes he can apply, but before he applies I want to be sure if Application will be approved if it will be rejected once for aame unfit reason then more trouble.before that how can I get confirmed. Help ...

I would really not know about that. I am sure if anyone else has more info they will reply.

Dependents don't have any medical requirements.  Only work visa holders do.

So theoretically you could go back to being a dependent.  However, with the medical record in the system, they might not approve.  No one can tell you for sure.  Your only approach is to apply and see.

INH Procedure:
Expatriates with "major" CXR changes related to old Tuberculosis (TB) infection will be labeled as UNFIT, while
those with "minor" changes will be prescribed a prophylactic course of Isoniazid (INH) and issued a "FIT with INH"
certificate. The full course of prophylactic INH is a 300mg tab once daily for 6 months, with a vitamin B6 tab once
daily taken along with it. The procedure for these cases will be as follows:
 When the committee decides that this expatriate needs INH treatment, an SMS will be sent to the expatriate to
attend to the medical committee to receive the treatment
 When the expatriate attends at the medical committee, the first dose of the medication will be prescribed and
the fitness result will be sent to the LMRA
 The expatriate will be instructed to follow up in the TB clinic at the Public Health Directorate
 All prescribed doses will be recorded in the Pre-employment system

I applied for dependent visa,but now they are saying that offence should be cleared. As a result Al razi center asked recent medical reports,meanwhile  I went through xray and sputum test in AMH it has come fine. I am going to produce same on Sunday.Not sure what will happen.

Thanks for the information.My case is still pending at public health department. They are not considering any further report.now they will look it as social case as my family is here. I just wanted to know , do they forward to public health for every case

Hi,

What do you mean by "Minor" Changes?

Hello is it possible to apply for dependent visa again for unfit to work

Yes you can but with an UNFIT, the expat has to be removed from company CR first and the work visa application deleted for the dependent visa application to be lodged.  Employer has to cancel work visa application and ask LMRA esupport to delete application.

Hi Expat of Earth,

Just want to come back on your point, I'm an expat, the MOH have deemed myself a close contact of active TB. I had a few medical check ups over the last few weeks which I went to separately not arranged through MOH. I'm in good health, chest x-ray clear. Now they want me to go for skin test. Now I know for a fact I've not got any active TB but if latent TB is found will I be deemed as an expatriate who is fit to work if they give me the medication to treat it ? My insurance should cover any costs as well. Or will it be that I have to leave straight away ?

Worrying times, I have a great career here & would be a shock to the system if I was forced home. Your post is the first one on here that's given me some hope if the test result were not to go my way.

Being a close contact of a TB case and having active TB are two very different things.

Half the population may have latent TB in some parts of the world e.g. subcontinent.  Which never develops into active TB for most people unless immune systems weaken as they get older. 

GCC has a problem only with current or past cases of active TB.   And this only happens, IF, your chest x-ray shows scars and a latent TB test is positive.  This then means that you have had active TB in the past which is a problem for visas.   Never having had TB and just having latent TB is not an issue - they will most probably keep you following up for checkups to see if it develops into active TB.

Read the guidelines posted above i.e.

Expatriates with "major" CXR changes related to old Tuberculosis (TB) infection will be labeled as UNFIT, while
those with "minor" changes will be prescribed a prophylactic course of Isoniazid (INH) and issued a "FIT with INH"

You have ZERO changes i.e. not even minor as you said that the X-ray is clear.  So you don't fall in either category yet.  That's why they may keep monitoring you to see if you move to one of these categories.

I am in same situation please update how you resolved this issues ?