Advice on becoming self employed

Hello!

Happy to be here and looking for some help. I recently moved to Hungary and my Hungarian is not so good yet. I am trying to figure out the formalities of becoming self employed here. I work as an online psychic and would be very thankful if anyone could give me advice what I Need to do to work here correctly!

Cheers and thank you

svori wrote:

Hello!

Happy to be here and looking for some help. I recently moved to Hungary and my Hungarian is not so good yet. I am trying to figure out the formalities of becoming self employed here. I work as an online psychic and would be very thankful if anyone could give me advice what I Need to do to work here correctly!

Cheers and thank you

I believe you could register yourself and your colleagues as a "church" and there would be some advantages for your business affairs. I don't know details.

And a serious question...I have to ask why you don't know how to register?  I mean as a psychic surely you could "ask someone" who knows....

if you think you are funny, I do not

You need to either start a business (self employed for example), or you need to register as a freelance worker.

You need an accountant to register a business of any type with the tax office. So an accountant is the one to ask about that. And you also need to hire an accountant to do your taxes and receipts as required by law.

To be a freelance worker, go to the tax office, get a tax number, then go to a stationary store and ask for a receipt book and give them your tax number. Some days later you will get a receipt book with which you can issue receipts to clients. Every time you issue a receipt you should pay the required tax amount to the tax office.

But I am not sure about being a freelance worker with distance clients (i.e. you give assistance over the Internet or phone -- that may require a company for VAT reasons). Also, I do not know if your field is regulated or if it requires special registrations or permits. That is something you need to ask an accountant or at the tax office.

svori wrote:

if you think you are funny, I do not

No, I wasn't trying to be funny, just better informed.

I sincerely thank you for this very informative answer and advice!! Thank you for your sincere time and effort. I will contact an account and see from there :-)