Marriage Registration Documents - Skatteetaten

Hi,

I am an Indian national living in Norway. I am looking to get married in Norway next month. My partner is an EU citizen.

As per the procedure, I have to register a few documents with Skatteetaten to get required permission to marry in Norway.

One such document is a "Certificate of No impediment to Marriage" or certificate of being single/unmarried.

I got this above mentioned document made in India in a format known as a notarized "Affidavit".

For some reason Skatteetaten is refusing to accept this document. The reason being Affidavits made in India have no legal value in Norway.

Now i have been asked to produce document in a CERTIFICATE format (not in affidavit format ) signed by a Magistrate or Sub Divisional Magistrate in Maharashtra state, India.

I have no clue how and from where to get this done in India. Or is there any other solution to satisfy demands of Skatteetaten.

Is there any one in this group who has been through a similar process.

Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

Hi im an indian citizen.from which state u r.i gone thru same situation.if u reqd more info send me pvt msg.nd if possible u can call me

Thanks for reply. I have sent you a pvt msg.

Hello,

I saw your post. My situation is similar and if you can please share your experience that would really help.

Can you please let me know what is the procedure to get Single Status Certificate. I have done my research and found nothing which is clear.

Also what are documents that we need to submit and how long does it take to the complete procedure.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards