I'm New..............

girl_like_me wrote:

@Henry: I'm not from a wealthy family at all :D If I were, I'd definitely travel more. I went to the US on an exchange program last year at my school where I'm teaching and they provided me with all the stuff. I even get monthly allowance. The only country that I paid tottally was when I went to Cambodia 2 years ago. Yea, Cambodia was even less developed than Vietnam but in its capital, there are so many cars running. I was so shocked that they had more cars than we do. :D

Hi Mandy, no worries. You have a wealth of knowledge though, since you are being picked by your school to participate in the exchange program. Knowledge is power, I am sure you will contribute back to your home country in someway or the other.

Don't be shocked by the no. of cars in Cambodia, in Singapore, we have more cars than motor bike too.  Small country, yet more cars.  And Japanese come to Singapore, they are shocked that we have more Benz and BMW than their country though our car import tax and other charges (Certificate of Entitlement) are higher.

Just like in HCMC, they used to be more bicycle than bikes here. Next 5 yrs, I bet the no. of cars will increase and might be comparable to bike (who knows). However, infrastructure here needs to be improved gradually to allow this to materialize. Probably, roads need to be widen, and hopefully, your electrical lines will be hidden underground instead of tangling on the poles :). I think with Vietnam opening up, there will be more investment in this area so as to attract more FDI. I see great potentials here.

girl_like_me wrote:

@Lee: hic, I have to try and save money from now on. But I think shopping there is not too expensive. My friends often go their on his business trip and brought me lots of cosmetics with really good price & good quality as well.

Girls will always be girls, clothes, bags, cosmetics, etc....:D:D:lol::lol:

It depends on what products & where are you buying from. You might get a good deal elsewhere if you search around, rather than purchasing it in a particular shop.

Hello friends,

How ru. akki from HCM City ..!!!

amitakki007 wrote:

Hello friends,

How ru. akki from HCM City ..!!!

Hello Akki, nice to see you here. What trade are you doing in Vietnam?

Hello Akki, nice to see you. Have you chat with us, we are more happy, because just some body, so sad :D:rolleyes:
@henrry : tomorrow, i start to move for my travel, will come to Saigon, one day. :D:D

thorny_rose wrote:

Hello Akki, nice to see you. Have you chat with us, we are more happy, because just some body, so sad :D:rolleyes:
@henrry : tomorrow, i start to move for my travel, will come to Saigon, one day. :D:D

Hi Rose, really? What is the purpose of your travel, for work? :top:

@Henry: I am sure that Rose will be fall in love with Saigon when she comes for travelling, and then she will move to here for work later:lol:
Wait and see ;)

petitefleuve161 wrote:

@Henry: I am sure that Rose will be fall in love with Saigon when she comes for travelling, and then she will move to here for work later:lol:
Wait and see ;)

Yup, I am sure she will :)

@Henry: It is true that the infrastructure in HCMC is not good enough for cars. The roads are quite narrow and the lanes are not distributed wisely. Even with pucblic transportation. There should be special lanes for buses but, as the roads are too narrow, there aren't any. Plus, the road construction keep blocking the traffic and things really get worse. When is this tragic actually coming to an end?

@Lee: yes, I'm definitely a girl. can I ask how old you are :)) I really loves shopping and there's only one thing that prevents me from doing that so often: lacking money :)) Now I'm in Sydney and I can't do it. I need money to survive from now until June. Transportation here is really expensive. With that money I can do a lot more things. Hate this. Hate this so much.

I really hope to get to Singapore soon. When I'm back home in June, I'll start my job again and save money, hihi

henrylamcs wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

Hi Rose, really? What is the purpose of your travel, for work? :top:

This is end comment, :D Ya, my work travel in one month. Go and works in Daclak, KonTum and Da Lat. No working in Sai gon, but will go Sai Gon to visit my friends. Last time, i didn't be sure, but nows, have to go. (if not, they "kill" me :P):P Will make a message for you when i come to SG.
@petitefleuve161: You are guess.. :D I'm not sure. :P:P

girl_like_me wrote:

@Lee: yes, I'm definitely a girl. can I ask how old you are :)) I really loves shopping and there's only one thing that prevents me from doing that so often: lacking money :)) Now I'm in Sydney and I can't do it. I need money to survive from now until June. Transportation here is really expensive. With that money I can do a lot more things. Hate this. Hate this so much.

I really hope to get to Singapore soon. When I'm back home in June, I'll start my job again and save money, hihi

Im 32 this year, old man roi....:(

I agree too. Cost of living is high in Sydney. I have a uncle, auntie & cousin living there, in Blacktown.

I hope you can come to Singapore too for holidays...

Cheers....

Hi Lee: wow, sorry I've been absent for the past few days, too many assignments to do this week.

The weather is so cold for me out here though it's not actually autumn.

Lee, do you speak English or Mandarin when you're in Singapore?

girl_like_me wrote:

Hi Lee: wow, sorry I've been absent for the past few days, too many assignments to do this week.

The weather is so cold for me out here though it's not actually autumn.

Lee, do you speak English or Mandarin when you're in Singapore?

No problem, mate. Better appreciate the weather. Once you go back HCMC, you wished you were in Sydney.:lol::lol:

I speak English, Chinese, Cantonese, Hokkien & abit of malay. Tieng Viet is 0.1%:D:D

wow, you know so many languages. Mastering Mandarin is hard enough. How come you are able to know so many? You should study applied linguitics like me.

I'm studying Korean these days. It's fun, hihi.

I used to learn Mandarin but I gave up because it was so difficult for me :(

girl_like_me wrote:

wow, you know so many languages. Mastering Mandarin is hard enough. How come you are able to know so many? You should study applied linguitics like me.

I'm studying Korean these days. It's fun, hihi.

I used to learn Mandarin but I gave up because it was so difficult for me :(

Hahahah

Im born Cantonese, so my parents speak to me in Cantonese. English & Chinese, I learnt in school. Hokkien I learn during my army days. Malay, I learn it when my parents brought me to a babysitter when I was a baby. They are working so cant take care of me, only weekends they bring me back.

Tieng Viet is a whole new language to learn because I love this country. Now its still 0.1%:lol::lol:

Do you need my  help Lee? I can help you learn the basic things. It's lovely to see you use Tieng Viet instead of Vietnamese :p

girl_like_me wrote:

Do you need my  help Lee? I can help you learn the basic things. It's lovely to see you use Tieng Viet instead of Vietnamese :p

I will be more than happy. But online teaching is very difficult. So how will you go about teaching me the basics? I have to speak to learn.:rolleyes:

Maybe you can add me or vice versa in Yahoo or MSN for a start:)

"It's lovely to see you use Tieng Viet instead of Vietnamese"

Khong hieu. Isn't it the same?

hihi, okay :x I love to help you. My ym is ngoc_nguyenbao310. Add and then we can chat :D Tieng Viet and Vietnamese is the same, but Tieng Viet sounds lovelier :D

girl_like_me wrote:

hihi, okay :x I love to help you. My ym is ngoc_nguyenbao310. Add and then we can chat :D Tieng Viet and Vietnamese is the same, but Tieng Viet sounds lovelier :D

I've sent you a message. Open your Expat.com inbox. I cant add you now as Im in office & IT dept blocked many sites. Damn!!!:D:D

So there are the same........:lol::lol:

In hindsight, I've added you roi. I managed to access a WAP site of Yahoo Messenger.:lol::lol:

Helloo guys/ gals

I'm Annie... new here, nice to meet you... may i join in your topics...

annie_t wrote:

Helloo guys/ gals

Sure, mate. Chao buoi sang

annie_t wrote:

Helloo guys/ gals

Hi Annie, this is a free space, feel free to share your views here.  That's what the topics about, for newbies......... :up:

lostsouls wrote:
annie_t wrote:

Helloo guys/ gals

Sure, mate. Chao buoi sang

Hi Lee, so next week, you are finally coming? I presumed you have all your appointments scheduled.  All the ladies are queuing to meet you :up:

Hi all, How are you? I'm in Gia Lai now. do you miss me? :lol::lol:

thorny_rose wrote:

Hi all, How are you? I'm in Gia Lai now. do you miss me? :lol::lol:

:cheers:

henrylamcs wrote:

Hi Lee, so next week, you are finally coming? I presumed you have all your appointments scheduled.  All the ladies are queuing to meet you :up:

Hi, yup, coming on Monday till Saturday.

Appointments? Not really. Just going to meet a business friend to catch up on things & maybe a couple of beers. Contemplating to travel to Mui Ne. I"ll see how. Staying in HCMC for 6 days is bored.

Please leh, Im not dep trai la. Im going alone..:):)

lostsouls wrote:

Appointments? Not really. Just going to meet a business friend to catch up on things & maybe a couple of beers. Contemplating to travel to Mui Ne. I"ll see how. Staying in HCMC for 6 days is bored.

So, what business are you involved in HCMC? I supposed it must be interesting. What is famous in Mui Ne?

6 days is bored? Come on, you should try staying here for 2 months like me :sosad: I have decided to fly back Sg every weekends.

Hi Lee,
Next monday you'll come HCM, welcome
I don't need you must be '" dep trai" haha :):):)

lostsouls wrote:
henrylamcs wrote:

"@ Henry: keep in mind that you are big fish here for the catch so watch out. dont let the temptation ruin your life. What happened with many expats and Vietkieu is that they are indulged here with fed ego and sudden privilege lifestyles. Stay up with the healthy lifestyle and surrounding with positive people will help. Volunteering with an NGO org will help you connect with great people while doing something great for you heritage country. Welcome to HCMC!"

-->A big fish is also be selected!Thank for your view about vietnamese girls,it's good in some points if in case he meet a right one to become good friendship is much more different than meet a girl at bar,night club...

VN now become more internationalism !Enjoy ur time:)

Emilyng wrote:

"@ Henry: keep in mind that you are big fish here for the catch so watch out. dont let the temptation ruin your life. What happened with many expats and Vietkieu is that they are indulged here with fed ego and sudden privilege lifestyles. Stay up with the healthy lifestyle and surrounding with positive people will help. Volunteering with an NGO org will help you connect with great people while doing something great for you heritage country. Welcome to HCMC!"

-->A big fish is also be selected!Thank for your view about vietnamese girls,it's good in some points if in case he meet a right one to become good friendship is much more different than meet a girl at bar,night club...

VN now become more internationalism !Enjoy ur time:)

Just a comment.

I think all ladies I met are good, it all depends on what motives are you habouring.

Actually, I like rearing and eating fish, but I don't think I can be a fish, although I can swim :-)

henrylamcs wrote:

So, what business are you involved in HCMC? I supposed it must be interesting. What is famous in Mui Ne?

6 days is bored? Come on, you should try staying here for 2 months like me :sosad: I have decided to fly back Sg every weekends.

Firearms....... :D:D Just joking. Just some small business to earn a few bucks. Not those that I can earn few millions.

Wa, you rich ah, fly back every week. Khung khung dien dien.:lol::lol:

If I can stay for 2 months, I will be damn happy. So many places to explore in VN.....

lostsouls wrote:

Firearms....... :D:D Just joking. Just some small business to earn a few bucks. Not those that I can earn few millions.

Wa, you rich ah, fly back every week. Khung khung dien dien.:lol::lol:

If I can stay for 2 months, I will be damn happy. So many places to explore in VN.....

I think you watched too many Andy Lau shows, "firearms" somemore :)

Lee, why don't you quit your job in Sg and come to stay here instead.  I can see your great interest in settling down here.  Why waste your time doing something you don't like :one

henrylamcs wrote:

I think you watched too many Andy Lau shows, "firearms" somemore :)

Lee, why don't you quit your job in Sg and come to stay here instead.  I can see your great interest in settling down here.  Why waste your time doing something you don't like :one

Si mi Andy Lau movies sia?

I cant find any opportunities here, just some small biz with my friend only. I've got obligations in SG too... Haizzz:(:(

hI Lee,

where are you now??

Lysa Tran wrote:

hI Lee,

where are you now??

Pham ngu lao

Hi All,

Just thought I'd drop by this thread is it seems very active!

@henrylamcs:  You seem to have settled in well in HCMC!  Hope to grab a drink with you sometime.

If anyone else is free to get together I'm always free when I get to HCMC.

lostsouls wrote:

Pham ngu lao

Oh I drink in that area at weekends, down on De Tham :-)

laidbackfreak wrote:
lostsouls wrote:

Pham ngu lao

Oh I drink in that area at weekends, down on De Tham :-)

Too bad I'm back in sg now. Or else we can have a couple of beers & get to know each other more. There's always a chance.

hdang wrote:

Hi All,

Just thought I'd drop by this thread is it seems very active!

@henrylamcs:  You seem to have settled in well in HCMC!  Hope to grab a drink with you sometime.

If anyone else is free to get together I'm always free when I get to HCMC.

Yeah, sort of getting use to the life here, people here are always helpful.  That makes integration much easier.

I like beer :D, it is an important part of my life, so we welcome you in advance.

henrylamcs wrote:

Yeah, sort of getting use to the life here, people here are always helpful.  That makes integration much easier.

I like beer :D, it is an important part of my life, so we welcome you in advance.

You bet......

Hopefully we can meet when I decided to come over to work, most probably....