I'm New..............

Hi, been told to introduce myself here :lol:

So, here goes, I am staying temporary along Bui Thi Xuan-P (not sure if it can be understood).  Hopeing to get an apartment soon.

This weekend will be my first, I am hoping to catch a movie, not sure if they are showing 127 hours here yet?  Your feedbacks will be very much appreciated.

Ok, I am here for work, not sure when I will be back though.......

I like listening to music and jogging, not sure if there is any nearby gym that is within walking distance ?

Also, I am wondering if I can get any data SIM card sold here, to be installed into my phone for broadband surfing, although there have plenty of WIFI hotspot here.

Let me know if there is any gathering around the corner :), I will be glad to join in.

Thank you for your attention.

Henry

Welcome on the forum Henry ;)

Hi Henry,
Welcome to HCMC.
if you are staying in Bui Thi Xuan -Dist 1 (another in Tanbinh dist:) ), you can go to the Cinema near Taodan Park (conner of Nguyen Du & Truong Dinh str.). they show from 10AM or lunch time (not sure:) ). It has Yoga class in Taodan Park but not sure about Gym. You can ask someone there.

About SIM CARD, you can find everywhere along street. the famous ones name Viettel, mobile phone and vinaphone.

Hope this help.
gluck!

Hi, thanks for the great tips. I will just do that during this weekend. Also, to kill time.

I supposed most offices are closed on Saturday in here?

Regards,

Henry

henrylamcs wrote:

Hi, thanks for the great tips. I will just do that during this weekend. Also, to kill time.

I supposed most offices are closed on Saturday in here?

Regards,

Henry

Most offices still work at Saturday morning.
Have a good time here !!

Thanks for the headsup, Lysa ;)

You live in Bui THi Xuan, right ? You can walk to Bui Vien or Pham Ngu Lao where you can find many foreigners there, maybe some in your countries. :)

the seem, you like " not sure ". ^_^
welcome to Vietnam and have a nice time.

It's alway good to be unsure at times, you won't know what will happen next.  That is part of the learning curves.

And in Vietnam, this is a new experience for me :/

You should be sure vietname/vietnamese girls are the most beautiful in Asia :P:lol:

Yup, it is quite noticeable when you walk along the street :cool: .  No objection to that..............

to change for " not sure " you should use for " maybe ". It's better. ^_^ And, if you think that " vietnamese girls are the most beautiful in Asia " so, don't be ignore, if you are single, let's find a miss, you will know, " vietnam is fantatic " :D:P

I hope I am single :D, but I am not :P

I just hope I can make friends here to have a drink at the bar, or get together to exchange about different views in each of our country.

I have plenty of time here, since I am alone here. I hope I can have sincere friends here to kill the boredom.

No other agendas :rolleyes:

By the way, I just saw the movie (at Galaxy) by myself, "No String Attached", you guys/gals should watch it.  Quite interesting love story, it will remind us to cherish what we have instead of looking for the perfect thing.

@ Henry:
Really?? Maybe I watch and feel about it.
You don't go to work ?

Not on Saturday. Lucky me.

@ Henry: keep in mind that you are big fish here for the catch so watch out. dont let the temptation ruin your life. What happened with many expats and Vietkieu is that they are indulged here with fed ego and sudden privilege lifestyles. Stay up with the healthy lifestyle and surrounding with positive people will help. Volunteering with an NGO org will help you connect with great people while doing something great for you heritage country. Welcome to HCMC!

Welcome to Vietnam. Hopefully I can reside there in the near future.:D:D

Hi Upsidedown, thanks for your word of advice. I'll keep in mind :/, finger crossed.

You are just one of those with great soul. I kudo to you.

upsidedown wrote:

@ Henry: keep in mind that you are big fish here for the catch so watch out. dont let the temptation ruin your life. What happened with many expats and Vietkieu is that they are indulged here with fed ego and sudden privilege lifestyles. Stay up with the healthy lifestyle and surrounding with positive people will help. Volunteering with an NGO org will help you connect with great people while doing something great for you heritage country. Welcome to HCMC!

Sure, I'll wait for you :)

lostsouls wrote:

Welcome to Vietnam. Hopefully I can reside there in the near future.:D:D

To Henrry: i don't know this movie. ^^ I don't like to ferfect thing and i don't belive to it, perfect then more breakable claw. Have the temptation in your life or not, it's not depends in your life, it's depends on yourself. If you know to love your life, know to love what you are having, you will know the ways to leave the temptation. Have a nice time in Saigon.
( Not lucky, caus i'm not in SG, so can't cafe with you!! ^^ )

Ok, Rose, that is about sums it all..............  Now, you should watch the movie and tell me how you feel about it.

I am sure you will enjoy it ;)

henrylamcs wrote:

Sure, I'll wait for you :)

Hopefully soon enough...........:(:(

to henry : i don't know, maybe, i will watch when i have a free time
to lostsouls: You are funny!! ^_^ I think you will be not soon enough. :D:D

thorny_rose wrote:

Hey!!!!!!!!:mad::D:D I really want to go the to work & live, but no opportunities.....:(:(

Hi lost, what's yr profession now in Singapore?

henrylamcs wrote:

Hi lost, what's yr profession now in Singapore?

Im working in administration in a Japanese company.....:D

lostsouls wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

Hey!!!!!!!!:mad::D:D I really want to go the to work & live, but no opportunities.....:(:(

Let's take a travel to Vietnam before for a holiday, you will be not regret, and maybe, it's soon enough with Herry :D

thorny_rose wrote:
lostsouls wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

Let's take a travel to Vietnam before for a holiday, you will be not regret, and maybe, it's soon enough with Herry :D

Guess what? Im going there next month for a short trip......:D:D:D

eii neh. I wait for you.

henrylamcs wrote:

eii neh. I wait for you.

Hey bro,

You're a Vietnamese or ...........??????:D:D:D

I'm Singaporean........ dun worry.

henrylamcs wrote:

I'm Singaporean........ dun worry.

I see.......So we are from the same place. Remember to vote for the coming GE...:D:D

So whats your occupation there????

Hey, pls check out my profile, just a click away ;)

Forget about GE, waste of time :rolleyes:

henrylamcs wrote:

Hey, pls check out my profile, just a click away ;)

Forget about GE, waste of time :rolleyes:

wahahaha:o:o:o:o

You want the FamiLEE to rule forever meh?????:D:D

I've saw your profile. Nice job you have. Very envy of you being able to work there. I have added you in my MSN.......

Cheers.
Lee

If we have a choice, I would like to see a change............

Change is a good thing.  In life, there is no forever.......

henrylamcs wrote:

Thats right.....

See you around.:D:D

Cheers
Lee

henrylamcs wrote:

some things can be change, some things can not be change or too difficult to change. Works you can be change,... but fate, you can not be change or wife ( husband ) is too difficult to change ... :D:D:D

thorny_rose wrote:
henrylamcs wrote:

some things can be change, some things can not be change or too difficult to chage. Works you can be change,... but fate, you can not be change or wife ( husband ) is too difficult to change ... :D:D:D

We are talking about Singapore's chính phủ.:lol::lol:

Hi Lee, Rose maybe hinting something.  Don't hit on her :P

She won't change for you :)

henrylamcs wrote:

Hi Lee, Rose maybe hinting something.  Don't hit on her :P

She won't change for you :)

I dont understand what she's talking about.....:lol::lol::lol:

She resides in Vinh, far away from HCMC leh......:D:D