Hello from Canada

Hi,

I'm Ash. I'm going to be working at AIS HCMC for the next 2 years. I'm still in Canada for another 2 weeks but I can't wait to get to HCMC and see what it has to offer.

This won't be my first overseas job, I'm coming off 3 years at AIS Kuwait in the Middle East...I expect more than a few cultural differences!

Cheers!

Hi Ash

Don't hestitate to contact with me ^_^. I'll be yr friend here .

Kim Ngan

Welcome.......:D:D

Hi Ash, "Warmly welcome to Viet nam!" say as VietNamess people say.

Although I am living in Ha noi, don't hesitate to connect to me if you have some things, which want to know about Viet Nam.

I hope you will stay here, in Viet nam forum, for long time. See you in Ha Noi, if any.

I have cousins living in Canana. They have good feelings about your country. Where are you living in Canada?

hi, always welcome^^ and very fun if we can change cultural each other^^hihi!!! have a nice day~~ my friend~~

hi Aescleah
my name's tran , i'm student in hcm city,
i'm move here 1 year,if u want we can discovery here :X

Aww you guys are so nice. I'm not even in Vietnam and I feel welcome already!

wecome can befriend ! hAVE great day

Hi Ash,

Welcome to the forum and, subsequently, Vietnam.

Yes, it will be very different than the Middle East.  This is the tropics.  It has its own set of challenges; therefore, don't for get to pack up the essentials:  warm weather gears, a good rain suit, medications, a smart-phone, whatever other electronic gadgets that you often use, and an appetite for adventures.

Like I have always encouraged others, read up on what you can here.  Whatever else in unclear to you, feel free to ask.  There are some very cool people on here; and I am the coolest of them all.  :proud

Note:  I had to put that in there.  I knew as soon as some of the other guys get on here, they are going to start to bag on me.  :dumbom:

Always,
Howie

Hi Ash, Good luck on your new teaching job in Vietnam and the opportunity to experience a new culture.  I also work in the education field (3rd grade teacher in the USA). It is rewarding for me to watch these little kids grow and flourish in their respective talents. Is it the same for you? I know that most of us only receive a modest pay check...so I know financial gain is certainly not the only motive.

And yes,it's true: Wild1 is a cool dude. I'm relatively new to this forum, but from what I've read in his past writings, he seems to be very knowledgeable about Vietnam laws, culture, and business. He is knowledgeable and has a positive helpful attitude. I should also include: Jaitch, Anatta, Budman1 and Vnescape as great resources to pick their brain.

Cheers!

"There are some very cool people on here; and I am the coolest of them all"

Wild_1, I'm sure she call tell that just from your Avatar.

Well come to HCMC
Have a nice day

Aescleah wrote:

Hi,

I'm Ash. I'm going to be working at AIS HCMC for the next 2 years. I'm still in Canada for another 2 weeks but I can't wait to get to HCMC and see what it has to offer.

This won't be my first overseas job, I'm coming off 3 years at AIS Kuwait in the Middle East...I expect more than a few cultural differences!

Cheers!

Wild_1 wrote:

There are some very cool people on here; and I am the coolest of them all.  :proud

Agree :D  he's becoming cold xD

amberlulu wrote:

...so I know financial gain is certainly not the only motive.

yes, experience little sweet immorality :D kidding

Budman1 wrote:

"There are some very cool people on here; and I am the coolest of them all"

Wild_1, I'm sure she call tell that just from your Avatar.

@Budman: lol, you and Anatta always rag brother Wild1 about his new Pic :cool:. I personally don't see it as that bad. He looks like a typical southern cali boy enjoying a day at the beach. It fits his profile: easy going, laid-back.
I never did understand the 3 chimpanzee avatar (unless he works at a zoo, or enjoys old tarzan movies) haha.

One strange cat for sure is that guy/gal? Rojamin. He started out as a long haired hippy pic then,moved to texting on the phone with a devilish grin, and now he wants to be a woman?

Kidding aside, I think it would be a FUN idea for the folks that VOLUNTARILY CHOSE to have an avatar to share a little bit of why they chose their pic.... perhaps better explain what image or message/meaning they want other readers to know about their personality if any. Cheers!

Yeah, Rojamin.  What's the deal with the half-naked girl?  You are not turning on us, are you?  :lol:

Budman1, I was just making sure that Ash would get that part correctly.  What if she wears glasses and didn't have them on her, when she read these posts?  Yeah, why don't you tell Amberlulu about your Three Amigos?

Speaking of Amberlulu, why don't you start a new topic?  I am sure Rojamin, Budman1 and "Logo Boy" Anatta, will be more than happy to chime in?  I can't wait to read their stories.  And for real, you didn't get the 3 wise monkeys?  That is Speak No Evil, See No Evil, and Hear No Evil.  I have always loved monkeys.  But I think that picture captures life in Vietnam really well, especially in public arenas such as this forum:  you shouldn't say too much, you shouldn't read into too much and you, definitely, shouldn't buy into too much.

amberlulu wrote:

Kidding aside, I think it would be a FUN idea for the folks that VOLUNTARILY CHOSE to have an avatar to share a little bit of why they chose their pic.... perhaps better explain what image or message/meaning they want other readers to know about their personality if any. Cheers!

Agree, why don't you start a new corresponding topic ^^ and begin with description for your avatar? Oblivion? Emptyness? Or just a very common simple female (sign)? :lol:

Regards, me
P/S: I had had more avatars before you registered and took a note

Welcome to Vietnam. Cheers

Vinh Doan

Wild_1 wrote:

Yeah, Rojamin.  What's the deal with the half-naked girl?  You are not turning on us, are you?  :lol:
** looks like Rojamin may have taken a quick trip to Thailand perhaps? :lol:

Budman1, I was just making sure that Ash would get that part correctly.  What if she wears glasses and didn't have them on her, when she read these posts?  Yeah, why don't you tell Amberlulu about your Three Amigos?

Speaking of Amberlulu, why don't you start a new topic?  I am sure Rojamin, Budman1 and "Logo Boy" Anatta, will be more than happy to chime in?  I can't wait to read their stories.  And for real, you didn't get the 3 wise monkeys?  That is Speak No Evil, See No Evil, and Hear No Evil.  I have always loved monkeys.  But I think that picture captures life in Vietnam really well, especially in public arenas such as this forum:  you shouldn't say too much, you shouldn't read into too much and you, definitely, shouldn't buy into too much.

** Great suggestion Wild1. I will definitely start a new topic. It will be fun and interesting to hear the responses. Thanks for the explanation of the 3 wise monkeys. Interesting perspective. I NEVER in a million years would have gotten that kind of detail by just looking at the picture.

hahahhahaha, love your conversation here :)

Well, I certainly feel welcome. Lol glad this forum isn't uptight and such.
Cheers!

Hi Aescleah,

Which branch of AIS will you work? If you work in Binh Chanh district and need an accommodation, pls let me know I have an apartment for rent there closed to Canadian Intl School, just a stone throw away :)

I'm sure that it's totally different between Kuwait and Vietnam.
I'm in HCMC, wher are you????

Does AIS stand for Australian International School? If so, it must be in District 2 :D.
Welcom you to HCM city, Ash. Lot of interesting things/ tasty foods/ cool places are waiting for you here!

BWahahaha! Hi Cuz. I'm on here too. I see you are already making friends. :D We'll get together when you get here.
We're living out in D7 because it's the closest place we could find to my school. It's kind of posh and maybe a bit artificial but it's also quieter than D1 and much less touristy.
We'll chat on FB...

Welcome to Viet Nam . We'll be friend :)

I'm at the American International School not Australan.

Hey, cuz! Did you find a place yet?

JUST found one tonight. It's amazing. We move in on Saturday. You're flying in soon, yes?
How's the cat situation?

I'm leaving NB in about 24 hours. I get into HCMC at 11pm on July 29.

Welcome Ash!
We just arrived here ourselves (28th), first time ever living in Vietnam, although we've traveled here before. We're in D7 and I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be a lot more artificial.
Any how, hope you and enjoy it!

I'm here! I think I'll end up in D5, but I'm not quiet sure yet.

@ naunet & Aescleah:

welcome to vietnam, i just want to drop a quick note, we have weekly meetups, commonly on thursdays but this time on saturday, check it out:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=182845

Cheers.

nice to meet you
If you need someone to be your guide
I am ready to help you
please contact: [email protected]
thanks

Hi Ash. Im sure you have settled in Vn by now. Hope you have enjoyed everything so far. Im Vietnamese and I just returned from Europe not long ago. Would be nice knowing you. I'm only interested in extending my social network. If anything i can help with your stay in HCMC dont hesitate to give me a shout. Best of luck