Need help to improve my English

I have studied English for some years but it is not good in speaking much till now. I like to have a friend ( must be trained Philippian, Singapore or english speaker) to hang out with me to improve my english speaking. My budget is only 10$/once, free riding and coffee. The time will be arranged suit for both, no fixed time.
If someone interests, pls drop me an sms at email: [email protected]

Cheer,
Dinh Hien

Hello,

I was not a good english speaker before but reading english books and watching english movies helped me a lot to improve. Aside from you're learning  you'll also enjoy.

Try it. It works.

:D

Einram wrote:

Hello,

I was not a good english speaker before but reading english books and watching english movies helped me a lot to improve. Aside from you're learning  you'll also enjoy.

Try it. It works.

in deed, or come to our weekly meetups, or the free english club of TeacherMark, you'll have the chance to practice your english for free.

Thank Einram,
I am still reading economic books. It is ok for reading skill.
However, i have tried seeing America films much but little little understanding. I so disappoint :-)and my work is not relevant to English so I speaks English not natural at all.

Thanks anyway

Thanks Rojamin for the suggestion but i am working in HMC city now. My budget is not enough to get an own teacher and it is also not for any imperative purpose. So i 'd like to have a english chatting friend with a small fee for her/him

Hi DinhHien,

I can see that you have quite a way to go with your English.  Check up with the fellas on here, to see if they can help you.  If that fails, drop me a line.  When I come to Saigon, I will do what I can to help you, free of charge. 

It is good that you recognize your pitfalls and are willing to put up to over come them.  Keep working at it, bro.  With that attitude and approach, you will be fluent in no time.

Best wishes,
Howie

Hi all, it is the first time I join this web. First I think it is something like a advertising web (but it is not quite that) then I gave some words that i was realised it is impolite. I tried to change but can not. I am sorry for that!

Wild_1 wrote:

Hi DinhHien,

I can see that you have quite a way to go with your English.  Check up with the fellas on here, to see if they can help you.  If that fails, drop me a line.  When I come to Saigon, I will do what I can to help you, free of charge. 

It is good that you recognize your pitfalls and are willing to put up to over come them.  Keep working at it, bro.  With that attitude and approach, you will be fluent in no time.

Best wishes,
Howie

Thanks for your favour. Pls tell me when you come to HCM city. I really want to handle this problem and really want to see American films without Vietnamese subtitle ;)

rojamin wrote:
Einram wrote:

Hello,

Try it. It works.

in deed, or come to our weekly meetups, or the free english club of TeacherMark, you'll have the chance to practice your english for
free.

Where were you yesterday?  :D

dinhHien2006 wrote:

Thanks Rojamin for the suggestion but i am working in HMC city now. My budget is not enough to get an own teacher and it is also not for any imperative purpose. So i 'd like to have a english chatting friend with a small fee for her/him

Our club is 100% free.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=179239

Your English is not bad!  I understand everything you have written.  That means that you're doing good.  You just need to continue studying and keep your confidence up.

Teacher Mark wrote:
dinhHien2006 wrote:

Our club is 100% free.

Your English is not bad!  I understand everything you have written.  That means that you're doing good.  You just need to continue studying and keep your confidence up.

Thank you for your recomendation. English classes distorbed my english skills, it is not balanced. A friend told me that I have studied english by eyes too much compared with ears and mounth then i will learn like english kids :D So I will go for the real english at that club :) thank you

Hi, will be coming over in August with a friend. Both of us are Singaporean and my friend in fact conducts trainings on communication in the region so we could always meet up for coffee for you to practice your spoken English.

I'm sorry TeacherMark, we managed to come and I trusted my teenage cousin's sense of orientation. But she confused me a long while as we were just driving around in circle (" -.-) then we didn't want to come in half an hour late so we ended up by having a look at the cute huskies and samoyed's. I'm thinking about buying a new smartphone with GPS service :-s

Teacher Mark wrote:
rojamin wrote:
Einram wrote:

Hello,

Try it. It works.

in deed, or come to our weekly meetups, or the free english club of TeacherMark, you'll have the chance to practice your english for
free.

@Rojamin: Busted!!!! :lol: I think Rojamin's true intention is just to score a date with one of your students.:dumbom:

amberlulu wrote:
Teacher Mark wrote:
rojamin wrote:

free.

@Rojamin: Busted!!!! :lol: I think Rojamin's true intention is just to score a date with one of your students.:dumbom:

This thread is dealing with the difficulties a student is facing with her English skills.  Take your personal vendettas to another thread, or better yet, another message board.

rojamin wrote:

I'm sorry TeacherMark, we managed to come and I trusted my teenage cousin's sense of orientation. But she confused me a long while as we were just driving around in circle (" -.-) then we didn't want to come in half an hour late so we ended up by having a look at the cute huskies and samoyed's. I'm thinking about buying a new smartphone with GPS service :-s

"Better late than never." is a popular idiomatic expression for a situation like that.  Come whenever you can and leave whenever you want.

@Mark: Relax GI JOE. It was just a little humor aimed at my buddy Rojamin. Sorry for interrupting your sacred crusade to SAVE THE WORLD.

You accuse me of personal vendetta? You should go back and read your posts addressed to Jaitch.

Have a nice day.:gloria

amberlulu wrote:

@Mark: Relax GI JOE. It was just a little humor aimed at my buddy Rojamin. Sorry for interrupting your sacred crusade to SAVE THE WORLD.

You accuse me of personal vendetta? You should go back and read your posts addressed to Jaitch.

Have a nice day.:gloria

It's 11:08PM here, so save your "Have a nice day." comment, which actually means quite the opposite (as we both know).

Mr. Jaitch and I have had our moments, but I've actually defended him at times in the past.  I'm sure he'd deny that and I'm sure I'll never do again.

My "crusade" is to help some people improve their English skills.  You have no idea how important knowing English can be for some Vietnamese.

amberlulu wrote:

I thought after disclosing my inefficiency in english (assumed as 5.0 IELTS) you would be happy seeing me go to his class to sharpen and strengthen my weaponry, sis?

amberlulu wrote:

It was just a little humor aimed at my buddy Rojamin

oh indeed ironic, so when you mention me in speeches with others you are able to type my name correctly, how flattered :cool:
It was always Romajin, Rohamin or whatever :|:(:mad::rolleyes:

A friend of mine said: "If you want to learn English then you need just 3 things: practice, practice and more practice".
The best way to practice is to join an English Speaking Club. For sure you can find someone who is eager to speak English with you.
Personally, I have learned English by writing.

dinhHien2006 wrote:
Teacher Mark wrote:
dinhHien2006 wrote:

Our club is 100% free.

Thank you for your recomendation. English classes distorbed my english skills, it is not balanced. A friend told me that I have studied english by eyes too much compared with ears and mounth then i will learn like english kids :D So I will go for the real english at that club :) thank you

Hi! I've been living here for almost 5 years as an Academic SPED Consultant.I'm a Filipino, I can teach you once a week in my house at district 2. If you are interested just sms me at my number at 0908750047.

Thanks,
Mariecris

ipporek wrote:

Hi, will be coming over in August with a friend. Both of us are Singaporean and my friend in fact conducts trainings on communication in the region so we could always meet up for coffee for you to practice your spoken English.

wow, it is a good starting point. Pls notice me when you arrive Saigon. I'll contact you. Thanks!

Why we don`t plan for a short time in Phil ? price is the same....actually, i intend to go there for some months but need to ask my Boss if he allow me there...sometime I have same your opinion !

Hopefully, your skills will be in good progess

long for short, when is the next class dear TeacherMark?
English for Presentation sounds great, I appreciate your workshop course as well as your dedication!!!

rojamin wrote:

long for short, when is the next class dear TeacherMark?
English for Presentation sounds great, I appreciate your workshop course as well as your dedication!!!

Sunday from 1-3PM.  I'll gladly cover some of the techniques used for delivering a successful presentation, such as "mind mapping".

Another great site is VisuWords.

"A friend of mine said: "If you want to learn English then you need just 3 things: practice, practice and more practice".
The best way to practice is to join an English Speaking Club. For sure you can find someone who is eager to speak English with you.
Personally, I have learned English by writing."

- dinhHien2006

Thank you for suggesting our club.  Could you attend, by any chance?  You could be a valuable resource, because of your knowledge and as an example of a person who has successfully learned the language!

oh tomorrow at 1-3 again T_T same time same place? Shite what a pity I might skip this one as well, have to visit a relative with my mom  :(  Anyways, have a great time teaching and a nice weekend to you and the class!

Chiocken Truck (Just My Luck) - John Anderson

Drivin' My Life Away - Eddie Rabbit

18 Wheels and a Dozen Roses - Kathy Mattea  She's from my hometown!

rojamin wrote:

oh tomorrow at 1-3 again T_T same time same place? Shite what a pity I might skip this one as well, have to visit a relative with my mom  :(  Anyways, have a great time teaching and a nice weekend to you and the class!

That IELTS score will not improve without extensive efforts from yourself!

My Old School - Steely Dan

"Hey, Brain Sister" - Neurotransmitter Song - YouTube User: stephmf16 (and Train, of course).  What a clever song!

http://www.illumine.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mind-maps-for-presentations-key-things-to-consider.jpg

avs.100685 wrote:

Hello, my name is Albert, im 27 years old, I am currently teaching english as my part time job and also have my fulltime job. I am willing to help you improve your english speaking for $10/hr. When do you want to start? you may contact me i my email  [email protected] or you can send me a message at 01238443249

I'll do it for $5 an hour!

avs.100685 wrote:

I can't go for $5/hr.. maybe $8/hr is the lowest rate for me.

I'm sorry, but if you read the entire thread you'll understand that I am joking.

avs.100685 wrote:

Joking? This is not the right place to do that mate.

An offer to be taught by 2 highly qualified native speakers, free of charge, is contained within this thread, as well as a few other threads on this board. I'll leave it at that.

[Moderated]

I have been busy a litlt bit with my work recently. So till now i just read some valueable suggestions about english. Thanks! However, it seems a battle here. I do not give comments but i have some recommendations. First, there is nothing perfect. Each one always gets strong and weak points. Second, some of you should not cry for others when they need not you to cry. Third, you should have bases when you talk about somethings. You also should have an overall view about anything to give comments about it and be critical when you learn from others' opinions that you are not experienced by yourself with a matured thinking.
Thanks all of you. For my english, i will establish a group at my house then i will invite an english teacher for speaking english skill.

Dear members,

Please note that off topic posts have been moved from the thread.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

dinhHien: two words on speaking and comprehending good English.  Audio Books, you can listen to the correct sounds and read at the same time.

it helped me when learning Vietnamese.