Successful prosecution of a fraudster?

hi, my question is-does anyone have experience of successfully prosecuting a fraudster? I have been cheated out of money and my solicitor is doubtful of a successful case based on fraud. Without discussing my case, i want to hear of any people out there who have experiences they want to share with successful outcomes please.

Without details of your case, it will be entirely up to you regarding going after the fraudster. You'll need to spend money to find resources to help you. Additionally, you'll need to weigh costs because if you are successful, what will you gain? It may be better to cut your losses, and trying a different avenue to expose the fraudster instead. Blast, his/her picture, file legal complaints. Definitely, let police know. Exhaust your free avenues first. Additionally, after getting on with process, you'll need to stay motivated after time passes to keep the person exposed. These are just some of my thoughts, hope it helps.

hi, thanks for your thoughts-i completely agree and i have already been to the police to report it. I have been through the same thought-processes and wonder if i will have any money to come after paying legal fees and assuming i would win-which is why i asked the question-does anyone have experience of winning?

Hi Enise

Where did the fraud take place and what nationality is the fraudster?  Where are they living now? I ask as your costs and chance of success may depend on whether you can bring a case in the UK, where you may be able to apply for full fee remission if your income is relatively low and your savings less than £3-4000.

I have also sent you a message

I hope this is helpful, apologies if I am telling you stuff you already know

Hi Enise can you tell us what exactly happened to you are all that happened in Egypt if you need any legal advise i know an Egyptian lawyer he will share his legal advise with no fees . be well

thankyou, i do have a lawyer already but how can you successfully fight a case against someone who lies about everything and if you don't have official documentary evidence to support your story? Can anyone explain to me how things work in Egypt? I was told you must have a lawyer and you can't fight a case without one-is this true? If you  make a report with the police, do you then have to get a lawyer to continue?

your lawyer was right you should have official documents to support your situation , or official bank transaction if you have photos show you with the suspect anything prove your story will help your case.

Being professional lawyer, especially in fraud cases, I recommend you to forget this case if you don't have documents "it is waste of time", or in one case only you can file a criminal lawsuit which is you never to show the person who steal the money that you detected him and ask the General Department of the Public Funds Crimes Investigation to set plan with your lawyer and create evidences.

Quick advice....cut and run, your story is all too familiar, without knowing your story I can say that there are too many people in this beautiful country who have had bad experiences, IF you find a good lawyer, and IF you can can find the fraudster and IF the police are even halfway in helping you, it will take time, money, patience, more patience, and IF you get your day in court will you get your money/belongings/whatever back, big question, small answer, no! beautiful country, beautiful people 99% of the time.... sad about the obligatory 1%...... perhaps you would be fortunate and I wish you luck should you decide to pursue further for satisfaction....