Hairdresser-cairo

hi everyone.can anyone recomend me a good hair salon?.i'm european having blonde hair.i wish to find a good hairdresser who knows how to color my hair highlights) without destroying them.any experience???please let me know asp

I dont advice you to do highlights here in Egypt, even the hair dresser is good they dont have good products, or get your own powder from abroad. You will end up with strange colour or the hair burned up. This is for sure.

go to Heidi in Maadi, she is German and all her products are imported yet she is not that expensive, but you need an appointment. Check this number if its right  012-119 22 20 otherwise she is in sakanat maadi, on road 9, after McDonald u go straight and u will see on the left side an orange villa, thats her saloon.

Wild wrote:

I dont advice you to do highlights here in Egypt, even the hair dresser is good they dont have good products, or get your own powder from abroad. You will end up with strange colour or the hair burned up. This is for sure.

hay wild , we have a verey good hairdressers in egypt but the good ones are verey expensive as well ! maybe you tried the wrong one

I guess i will the only guy replying to that but i just thought i might help.

There is mohamed el saghir in zamalek and mohaneseen, and there is Kriss in Agouza just beside Mo cafe.

they are the best but the most expensive as well.

swane wrote:
Wild wrote:

hay wild , we have a verey good hairdressers in egypt but the good ones are verey expensive as well ! maybe you tried the wrong one

Hi Swane
Actually i am very familiar with this field and all what is about estetics, going till beyond this point. I can tell you that in Egypt there is NO school for hairdressers and all the fuss you hear about years of schools and experience of the employees it is not true. They just imitate what they see to others. Even the very expensive places are terrible when it comes to proffesionals. And this is not my personal opinion, it is a professional evaluation. :|

Hi
if you find a good one, pls let me know.

thanks
minna
(a blonde as well)

Please mind that i'm trying to find a good hairdresser who has experience in dealing with blonde hair- natural one. I'm sure there are good hairdressers in Egypt but the question is how many of them know how to make nice looking highlights on european hair. I'm thinking to call Heidi and i'll ask about products she uses.

I who am very fussy about my hair, have yet to find a hairdresser i feel 100% comfortable with. I have been here for almost 20 years and I have had some VERY close calls.
I prefer doing my highlights and having my hair styled abroad.
I only have it trimmed or straightened here.

If I were you I would go to a qualified hairdress, Heidi in Maadi is a safe bet.
Kriss in Korba is good too.
If you're in Alex I would go to the Salon in City Center, I believe it's called A and A.
Some of the hairdressers at the Four Season Hotels are good too.

and what about hair salon in city stars cairo?

IrishAlexandrian wrote:

I who am very fussy about my hair, have yet to find a hairdresser i feel 100% comfortable with. I have been here for almost 20 years and I have had some VERY close calls.

If I were you I would go to a qualified hairdress, Heidi in Maadi is a safe bet.
If you're in Alex I would go to the Salon in City Center, I believe it's called A and A.

so you are living here for 20 years and go to style you hair abroad ?:blink:

I have gone to quite a few salons here, and have had to learn the hard way. I wouldnt dare color my hair here. I dont know, but to me, highlights look very unnatural when done here. I just get mine cut and straigtened (even that tends to be a hassle)

Why it is necessary " a saloon" for dyeing the hair?
I dye my hair at home, using products from pharmacies here: L' Oreal. They are good, and similar with European products.
You could enrich it with some almond oil pouring in the cream during preparation.
And if you go to a saloon, what bad thing could happen? They put some coloring cream on the hair, as you could do in your home.It is important the quality of the cream, not the hands that cream your hair!

swane wrote:
IrishAlexandrian wrote:

so you are living here for 20 years and go to style you hair abroad ?:blink:

:one
Really, it must be a hard job to go abroad so often 20 years for a hair style! Maybe you could say us where do you go, so that some of us could try at least once this " abroad" to see the difference !

i can buy l'oreal at shop and do it bymyself.but roots would have different shade(orange,yellow)and the rest of hair would be lighter.that looks pretty bad.
by the way:I called Heidi (british )to make an appointment with her.She is busy till christmas.need to wait

Hi sandy

There is one in heliopolis called beauty hair very nice one.

thanks for number, i will call donna for sure

My hairdresser Mohamed is very good, 6 Gezira Westa, Zamalek, I am not blonde but dark, he does a great colour/cut/blow and not too expensive either.

My friend has her blonde highlights done at Paul's Salon in Dokki which looks very natural. I believe his French.

La Villa
36 Mesaha St., Dokki. Cairo.
Tel: 02-33374094
Opens daily from 10 am–8 pm except Monday

tinatana wrote:

go to Heidi in Maadi, she is German and all her products are imported yet she is not that expensive, but you need an appointment. Check this number if its right  012-119 22 20 otherwise she is in sakanat maadi, on road 9, after McDonald u go straight and u will see on the left side an orange villa, thats her saloon.

Thank you, i just found this post and i just had my hair done TWICE but im not really happy. So thanks to you, i try Heidi.

sssandy wrote:

Nooooooo i tried that one, please dont even think about it

hello all...i posted a message recently regarding my desire to move to egypt and open a salon there. i've been to egypt and truly love the people and country. i have owned and operated a salon in ny for almost 12 years now. coloring, (especially highlighting/lowlighting) has been the majority of my business with caucasian women. i understand that hair products from one country are not always the same as products from another country. i am very eager to hear the thoughts/suggestions of expat women in egypt regarding haircare. where do you think would be the best place for me to operate my business in egypt?

Hi snowwhite
It depends what customers do you wish to have the most,so you can figure out where to open your business. For foreigners, i guess the best area is Maadi, for egyptians will be good in any central area where you can have some parking lots (i guess that will be the toughest point, more than the paperwork), and the products, there is a place somewhere in Heliopolis called Samir William where you can find some prof. items, unsure about quality. Are you planning bringing your own products? If yes i guess you will have some success with your business.

Maria

There are good hairdressers in Egypt.In Cairo of course is the famous Mohamed al Zagher, he is good, his staff are professional.( Four Seasons)

Of course I can recommend Sharm El Sheikh ,if for instants you are here.We have very good Italian hairdresser and with only Italian products. We are at the Credo Nail design in front of Il Mercato, hadabba,her name is Katia,

Just for info, and good luck.

:sosad:

chrissy03 wrote:
tinatana wrote:

Thank you, i just found this post and i just had my hair done TWICE but im not really happy. So thanks to you, i try Heidi.

Exactly.. I had my haircut there just yesterday.. and I think they're very weak in their profession. I had very long hair and I loved them.. It took me months to get that length and she cut 'em in 'HALF' .. and without a mirror in the back I couldn't even got to know until the whole haircut was done. She didn't even cross-check the haircut at the end.. the layers are uneven and no fine parting of the light bangs that I wanted..

I am terribly disappointed by contarary of the fame that Saloon has and the work they did!

snowwhite wrote:

hello all...i posted a message recently regarding my desire to move to egypt and open a salon there. i've been to egypt and truly love the people and country. i have owned and operated a salon in ny for almost 12 years now. coloring, (especially highlighting/lowlighting) has been the majority of my business with caucasian women. i understand that hair products from one country are not always the same as products from another country. i am very eager to hear the thoughts/suggestions of expat women in egypt regarding haircare. where do you think would be the best place for me to operate my business in egypt?

SnowWhite,

If you're not bound on just Cairo, I would say open a salon in either Sharm El Sheikh or Hurghada. TONS of tourists from Europe and Russia there who LOVE to get all dolled up for parties at the beaches and just to feel good about themselves.

HTH,

Anja Amira

sssandy wrote:

Hey sssandy,
curious to know if you found a good hair salon in City Stars, I live close by too. 7 years here with about 4 years as a platinum blond I've been doing my hair myself (with any help I can get to reach the places I can't see :) ) and would really like to finally get professional hands on my locks.

No, don't think even to open anything in Hurghada or Sharm, I am Russian and we have very good salon in Hurghada , also Russian always prefer to make all in Russia, cheaper and best quality work. They will never do here unless they r living here. ONLY Cairo will be good for this business.

snowwhite wrote:

Oooohhhh, if you do open up a shop fellow NY friend, please let us know!  I'm tired of walking into salons here, and seeing that they intend on using pharmacy brand color on my hair.  I mean, I'm paying for better quality color dangit!!!

Goodluck, and keep a sister in the loop! I'm missing some NY styling right about now!

Hi, ladies! I still am interested in moving to Egypt and working as a hairstylist, but I've been told by many people there that now is not a good time, due to safety issues. At the same time, I'm reading that this year may be a great time to make the move, since many of the ex-pats have left the country and have left a gap which needs to be filled. What are your thoughts?

Oh, and by the way...I would absolutely NOT be using poor-quality pharmacy products. I would be importing products such as Goldwell, L'anza, etc.. The quality of the products we use is just as important as the experience and skill of the stylist. As always, "you should get what you pay for"! :)

Hi Girls,

I know to find a good hairdresser for European hair can be a challenge here. But I did find mine and is highly recommending him to every foreign I know. He owns saloon ELITE, which has now two branches in Cairo: Mohandessin (9,Yement Street) and Maadi (not sure where exactly. (Should be easy to find in Yellow pages) His name is Adib.

Mrs. Heidi in Maadi is very good as well.

i went to hairdresser in city stars. The salon name was A&A i guess. I asked for side updo style(going for wedding). Classic and not complicated- chosen from catalouque at this salon. I got shocked after the guy finished- it was the most weird and disgusting hair syle ever. Believe me i looked like wearing 17th century peruk. Paid 300 L.E, came back home and washed head. My mistake as i believed i can communitace with a men who didnt speak english well :(

I do recommend Mohammed al sagheer, with their branches allover the 5 star hotel this is a solid sign that they can handle non egyptians :)
The branch of zamalek is very crowded all the time, the branch of City stars intercontinental  , the hotel it is very good and I do pay the visit especially for them. I can recommend u the one i usually have my hair with BUT it is a matter of how comfrtable u can deal with, so I suggest before u go, u simply tell the branch manager ur concerns: the highlights, the nature of your hair, if  u want him to be fluent in english...for sure they r keen about their reputation
prices are not cheap, but : wash , cut , do : 180 LE

(Moderated)

(Moderated: no free ads in the forum pls)

I recommened to try Jacques Moreno in Zamalek, jacques-moreno.com

Ashika wrote:

OMG, I wish I had googled this two days ago!!!!!! I have gone to Sameh Plaza for a trim and highlights and.........I don't recognize myself in the mirror , my head looks like an old toilet brush, the layers are so weird and the color is a mix of yellow, orange and a big brown patch at the back!!!!!!

Looool @ this description !! :D

i recommend professional hair salon, in dokki a Lebanese stylist and his son Ms Bshara and Mr tarek both are expert , imported products and not commercial at all

fatmafn wrote:

I do recommend Mohammed al sagheer, with their branches allover the 5 star hotel this is a solid sign that they can handle non egyptians :)

The visit of this hair salon was the worst experience in my life..as well visiting Kriss salon for manicure I had enough joy watching the masterpieces of the local masters..I don't recommend to visit ANY of egyptians salons, as just there is no school of hairdressers in egypt. The hairdressers start their career by washing floors in the same saloon and then helping the masters (who previously learned the same way) and few month later ta daaa... a new professional hairdresser is ready to please the customers with weird colors and ugly hairstyles..
People say that lebanese ones are kind of acceptable, but I haven't used. If you have a chance better visit hairdressers every time visiting normal countries (as I do) or find a foreign hairdresser working at home in Egypt, but in this case it's pretty much recommendable to have the colors and other materials with you, as normally they don't have too much choice of them...

Hi, anyone knows a really good hairdresser in London ?? Thx