How to get a visa for Turkey ?

Hello,

For questions about tourist visas for Turkey, all the information you need to know is here,

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … urkey.html

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please don't advertise your services/website on the forum. Feel free to register your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
iResidence wrote:

Hello,

For questions about tourist visas for Turkey, all the information you need to know is here,

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … urkey.html

Hi nice to meet you

I'm Izabel from Brasil

I'm going to Istanbul  next june 21st and I want to know if I need an special visa because I'm plannig to stay fir 3 months on Turkey.

In the beginning I'll stay in Istanbul but if I didn't find a summer job, I'll visit some places like Capadocia,Antalya & Adana.

Do I need a special visa like a tourist or a part time worker?

Thanks for now

Tourist visa for Turkey is now purchased online before coming to Turkey  http://evisa.gov.tr from the government website. 

But the good news is that Brazilian citizens are exempt from visa. You are exempt from visa for tourist visits of up to 90 days within 180 days starting from the first entry date.

Requirements for visa exemption:
Valid for travelling for touristic or business purposes and transit.

It is possible to obtain e-Visa 7/24 at everywhere with internet connection. The applicants can obtain their visa after they fill in the necessary information concerning their identity, passport and travel dates and pay visa fee online.

Please note that e-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. For other purposes, such as work and study, visas are given by Turkish Embassies or Consulates.

You are kindly advised to have a travel document/passport valid for at least 6 months as from the date of your arrival in Turkey.

Information on Residence Permit Application in Turkey: If you have a valid entry visa, you do not need a residence permit up to 90 days. On the other hand, foreigners who shall reside to stay longer than 90 days, to work in a job in Turkey or study at an education facility, should immediately apply for short term residence permit in Turkey before arrival, or after arrival regardless of the validity of their visa.

Information on Work Permit Application in Turkey: To obtain a work permit you can apply 2-ways; in Turkey or outside Turkey. To apply in Turkey you (or representative) should immediately first apply for short term residence permit and then you will be able to obtain a foreigner work permit permit.

ENTRY INTO TURKEY AND EXIT FROM TURKEY FOR FOREIGNERS

Entry into  and exit from Turkey are through  the border gates with a valid passport and travel document.

Foreigners; should submit their passport or travel document or document to the officials at the time of entry into exit from Turkey.

Document checks regarding border crossings may also be carried out on vehicles while they are on route. Foreigners using the transit areas at the airports may be subject to (document) check by the competent authority.

At the time of checking, persons regarding whom  a comprehensive check is needed may only be held  for maximum four hours. Within this time period, the foreigner may either return to his/her country at any time or may wait for completion of the actions for admission into country, without limiting with the four-hour period.

TURKEY ENTRY VISA REGULATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS

Foreigners who wish to stay in Turkey for up to ninety days on condition that provisions on visa exemption will be reserved  shall obtain a visa that indicates the purpose of their visitation to Turkey.

The period of stay in Turkey provided by the visa or visa exemption  cannot exceed ninety days within a period of one hundred and eighty days.

Visas do not confer an absolute right of  entry into Turkey.

Many foreigners are asking. But no. Visas do not transfer or convert into residence permits.

Visas shall be issued by the consulates and, in certain circumstances by the governorates at border gates.

Regardless of the visa regime applied towards the citizens of a country, the travel document holders of that country need to obtain visa from Turkish missions beforehand.

Foreigners who will shoot a documentary film conduct a research or an archeological excavation should get a special permission from the Turkish authorities in advance.

As of 1 January 2015, in accordance with the article 7.1b of “the Law on Foreigners and International Protection” no. 6458, foreigners wishing to enter Turkey should carry a travel document (passport) with an expiration date at least 60 days beyond the “duration of stay” of their visa, e-Visa, visa exemption, or residence permit

Example A: In order to enter Turkey having a visa with 90 days “duration of stay”, foreigners should hold a travel document valid at least for an additional 60 days which totals to 150 days (90 days + 60 days) of validity at the time of entrance.

Example B: In order to enter Turkey having a visa with 30 days “duration of stay”, foreigners should hold a travel document valid at least for an additional 60 days which totals to 90 days (30 days + 60 days) of validity at the time of entrance.”

IMPORTANT NOTICE

FOR NATION CITIZENS WHO MAY NOT USE E-VISA ONLINE SYSTEM DUE TO THE SCHENGEN VISA REQUIREMENT and must obtain the sticker visa instead, can present and use their Residence Permit APPROVED Application Form (instead of a sponsor invitation letter) as an official government invitation from Turkey for reference to the Turkish embassy or consulate abroad during the sticker visa request, and to reason legal purpose to the government appointment they must attend in person granted to their passport number and name. You will then be issued the sticker visa. GET READY TO TRAVEL TO TURKEY.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=675302