How long does a visa run last

Hi everyone,

I lived in Turkey for 2 years and my ikamet has expired. I dont own a property, so I can't do an extension based on tapu.

I was said that I will be rejected for Ikamet extension, since I'm no longer a tourist, even tho I have a yearly notarized contract and all the documents.

Is it possible to leave the country for 24 hours and re-enter and stay as tourist for another 3 months, so that I can move properly. (My whole life is here and I did not expect to be rejected, since I don't live in an area that is closed for new residents.)

Does anyone know that I will be able to come back, in 24 hours or so, 100%?

Thank you

@eddie2806

Hello, yes, I had a very similar situation last week, my Ikamet renewal was rejected and I had to leave Turkey within 10 days.

When I made enquiries, I was told I could re-enter the country after leaving it for 24 hours, in fact the police at the airport, who processed my exit, said exactly the same thing.

As it happened, I needed to stay in the UK for a couple of weeks, I will be going back on Saturday (2 weeks after leaving), I'm hoping all goes well and I am given a new tourist visa.

@Slim1398 great news! I hope everything goes well for you! 🤞

I made some inquiries, everyone tells me to leave the country for 24 hours, so I will go to Cyprus and stay for a day, come back and see what can be done. I am very sad and stressed by the whole situation, honestly.

Yes. I had the same situation where my ikhamet expired, and I went to Cyprus which wasn't even for 24 hous, and then flew back, and they accepted me into the country on a new visa for 3 months. But after the 3 months you would have to leave Turkey for another 3 months before you could come back.

Unless if you somehow could get a new ikhamet or a work visa.

@eddie2806

Hello Eddie,

You mentioned that your 2 years of ikamet expired, but did not you apply for an extension application? If your expiry is no longer than 30 days there is an exceptional way of making a new application on the purpose of a delayed extension application.

@Expat Solutions

I did mention that :)

I did apply and I was told that I will rejected, so I have to find a solution for now. I was here on tourist visa, but they don't know offer anything else, for residency. Tourist visa, marriage to a Turkish person, tapu or work visa and they said 2 years was enough for a tourist.

In every extension application, applicants should support their documents with proof that the foreigner will support the Turkish economy with their request to stay another year. Most applicants disregard this step, but some of them are approved, while others are rejected. You should definitely need to search for alternatives. You can find our company details in the index of the forum and reach out if you need assistance.

@Expat Solutions

I have a job, I am working remotely, but I've been employed with them for over 2 years, I will bring my work contract with me and see if it helps..