Where to buy plants on Malta?

Hello dear expats!

I just moved to Malta and am equipping the terrace for future long summer evenings. Where can you purchase LARGE plants here? I was thinking of an olive tree, palm tree or similar. Thankful for all tips :)

/Heidi

there are garden centres all over, I like Cherries near burmarrad

There are two garden centres in Burmarrad where I've bought (small and large) plants, and one on the road between Xemxija and Golden Bay. I don't remember the names now, but they were all ok.

Piscopo in Burmarrad and Sherries between Burmarrad and Mosta, About a mile apart  We've been to both and lots there.
Ray

Funny, me 2 :-) I went to Greenspaces. They had a lot! And they where very helpful (I don't know anything about plants) they told me that olive trees don't do well in pots though :-/ Did you go anywhere yet?
(I have only bought a little lemon tree - before I do more I have to check how to water it all in summertime while sometimes being away for 3 weeks. It would be sad using a lot of money on plants, and find them all dead after a holiday ;-) )

If you don't know anybody who can water your plants when you're away, it's best to invest in a drip irrigation system. Not as expensive or complicated as it may sound.

Hi, thank you for your advise.
I have seen one of these, but it was only for smaller plants - not small trees.
Do you know any specific? I will start looking at them again :-)

The system consists of 5 components. 1. A Thick semi-flexible water pipe 2. Thin flexible pipes (one per plant) 3. Nozzles to connect thin pipes to thick one  (one per thin pipe) 4. Regulating nozzles to connect at the end of each thin pipe 5. Timer which goes between the thick pipe and the water tap.  You will also need a tool to pierce the thick pipe so that you can attach the nozzles.  I think you can find all these at Attard Farm Supplies (in Attard). Best to phone them before going.

we also use the place nr burmarrad and mosta, very good value and good selection

Thank you very much for the tip!!!! :-)