Raw, organic milk in Malta?

Any idea where to get this in Malta? In most countries it's illegal to sell for human consumption which I believe is the case here also. Normally people buy direct from a verified organic/biodynamic, dairy farmer either individually or collectively as a small co-op to use for "cosmetic purposes". Was hoping to join a co-op (if one exists) or obtain raw dairy as an individual. ive contacted Weston A price but they don't have a chapter in Malta and Ive contacted most organic stores/markets looking for a source but to no avail.

Lot's of people keep goats and sheep in household buildings, perhaps you could have your own personal one at home!!! Cow might not be so easy!
Why would you want to consume raw milk anyway with all the risks involved?

I'll ask my landlord. Lol.

Humans have been consumung raw dairy for atleast 5000 years and only started pasteurizing it about 100 years ago so. The danger isn't the fact it's raw but rather the effects modern production and distribution methods have on it. Again, the key is that's it's from healthy, grass fed, organic, chemical free cows. Then it's fine (and tastes 100x better).

Xpratt wrote:

Humans have been consumung raw dairy for atleast 5000 years and only started pasteurizing it about 100 years ago so. The danger isn't the fact it's raw but rather the effects modern production and distribution methods have on it. Again, the key is that's it's from healthy, grass fed, organic, chemical free cows. Then it's fine (and tastes 100x better).

Go and ask a local farmer!!!

Xpratt wrote:

Majority of cows here are kept inside, we do not have grass!

Yes, it would be great to have access to good quality organic raw milk, even from Sicily. I used to make my own cheese and yoghurt.

The question was can you obtain raw milk in Malta not how to feed children your way.

Any updates?

Hello Friday1!,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that you have posted on a thread that was last active in 2020!

What exactly is your question and how can we help you?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Mkinga where did you get the milk from? I am very much interested to get in monthly basis.

@Mkinga where did you get the milk from? I am very much interested to get in monthly basis.
-@Doubleheadedeagle

Contact a local farmer!