Amazon Deliveries

Does any one have, or tried Amazon Prime here?

you wont get prime benefits here wrt deivery, you'll just have to do normal delivery.

prime video is country locked - though they are changing this nowish so we'll soon be able to get some prime video content but the selection is super limited.  prime music probably also wont work.

aww man!

it's worse, most wont even ship here :)

I have a ship low cost address in the UK, they will forward stuff from your virtual uk address but its not exactly cheap

welcome to the 3rd world

maybe try creating an EU account, or get some stuff and collect when i go home for visits I guess lol

yeh amazon is not great - depends on the supplier, many others from the UK or elsewhere are fine - best to check them out indivdually

Hi,
I agree, it depends on the supplier.

But I have to say that I made an order from amazon.it on Friday night (It was already Saturday) I paid the express shipping (2 working day according to them) as I needed it urgently and I got it on Monday at 10AM.

:)

There is no logic to Amazon in terms of what they will and will not deliver, I wanted a 64G memory stick which they would not deliver to Malta but they would deliver the 32G version.
Also they often charge more for delivery than the cost of the items and certainly charge far more than most eBay suppliers for the same goods.

We get a lot of stuff from Amazon.  I think they have more or less a set delivery charge, so the more you get the delivery doesn't really go up.  That's only buying directly from Amazon though.  We use Amazon UK and Amazon France, both ship here no problem.  When we lived in France I used to shop around a bit and would use whatever Amazon was the cheapest, so I've used other EU countries before as well.

Thanks for the info :)

Hi
If you get a VPN on your computer you can stream all U.K. Stuff no problem, I use PIA, a reasonable yearly subscription and it works great, I get my prime and lots of other stuff too.
With regards buying from amazon then you can use 'Send On' which is operated by Malta Post, they give you a UK address to send to then they send on to Malta for a small cost.

Grumpymovers wrote:

Hi

With regards buying from amazon then you can use 'Send On' which is operated by Malta Post, they give you a UK address to send to then they send on to Malta for a small cost.

Best to have the insurance cover, we used them for a 1/2 europa size pallet of items and when it arrived in Gozo it had been opened, either by MaltaPost or Customs and a canteen of silver cutlery removed!

Ray

Cheers for the updates everybody. Yep, look like they group all items and you get one charge.

Yup, im work in IT, so ive used a proxy for thing like GO and Netflix

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no swearing here please

Haha, Yeah using a VPN is the best option. I used it for my SkyGo all the time in Gozo 😊😊

Netflix has been available in Malta without a VPN for a while now, the only problem is that they have introduced software that identifies if you use a VPN and will stop you logging on to other countries so you only get the content they allow for Malta.

If you are after films and TV use Kodi with the 'Exodus' addon on your computer or on an android box. It is totally free.
If you want live UK and US TV including premiership games subscribe to an IPTV provider like UKSky Tv (€29/month) or GMGM (£4.50/month)

Ray

I watch amazon prime without any vpn in malta. It seems they have unblocked it.

Yes, I have tried it.

BrendaTaylor wrote:

Yes, I have tried it.

I assume you mean Amazon Prime, are you in Malta or the USA?