Moving to Asturias

I'm Scottish and have lived in the US for many years. I have dedicated my life to yoga, meditation and healing, and I am the owner and director of an an established yoga and healing arts center.

I am leading a yoga/meditation/pranayama/hiking retreat in Asturias late August this year, and I am planning to move to Northern Spain to start yoga teacher trainings and Shiatsu certification programs and eventually open a new center.

I look forward to learning Spanish growing vegetables and flowers.  Asi es la vida.

As a new member of the forum, I have some questions about living in Asturias:
1.)  I'm looking for a 3 bedroom rural detached house with garden space to rent (or possibly buy) close to the sea, and within 30 minutes of Gijon.  What are the best ways find properties?
2.) What is the range of monthly rental costs in Asturias?
3.) What are typical monthly costs for utilities?

We have visited Northern Spain many times and love it.

Dear you,
It is such a causality to have found your message. I have that place, 45 min from Gijon, independent house with three bedrooms and an appartment for 2. space for healing arts retreats. 4 klm far from the ocean, on a mountain and close to a river. I have that goal and I am working slowly on it. for the moment is developed for holidays rentals only but the idea is to unfold it into a space for creativity and personal development, healing arts retreats. Personally I am and event organizer with background in multiple healing arts becoming a Esalen massager practitioner. Shall we speak?? Lidia xxxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the open forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi lidia, it sounds fantastic! i would love to talk to you..... do you think your space would work for fitness as well as healing arts? ive developed programs for fun dance exercise, 1 is even similar to yoga but using slow dance moves with relaxing music, and i'd love to offer health holidays with something for everyone, young/old, fit/fat, male/female....... regards,
C hris

Hi again!! For that I see it more difficult as my goal of a dance floor is still not accomplished. The spaces available now are more addapted for a more slow work. But definetevely we need to speak my dear. Shall we organize a skype? My user is **Xx

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

i'll chat with you on skype fr sure, thanks fr getting back to me i wish you great success with your goals and i'd love to be part of what you're doing!
Chris

Hello Lidia,

Your place seems very interesting.  I will be in Asturias in mid-April, and I may have time to meet you and see it then. 

I'm new to the Forum, and I'm still learning how to navigate personal communication.  I'd like to see some photos and exchange email addresses.  Can you please advise?

Looking forward to connecting.

Namaste,

Eileen