Validity of IQAMA before getting transfer to other company

Dear friends,
Greetings…,
I have a question…
My IQAMA is still valid till 25th of December 2016 & my new joining company sent a request to my existing company but they denied to transfer unless my IQAMA to be renewed…so I'm curious to know what will be the validity of IQAMA before getting transfer to another sponsor…
Kindly help to conclude this…
Thank you very much,
Jazak-Allahum-Khair…

Hi Sjamia,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Your topic has been moved to the Saudi Arabia forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla

Does anyone can reply to the needful information

I am not so sure about the exact validity but I'm guessing that the reason why your existing company wants you to renew your iqama first is to give both institutions ample time to process your transfer because it's obvious that 25 DEC 2016 is such a short time.

Best thing to do is to contact the Government Relations in your current company and I'm sure they can give you appropriate answer.

Good luck!

This is a decision that needs to be taken by your new employer , if to allow the old company to renew the iqama, since they can transfer and renew your iqama in the same process. However your old company may face issues after your iqama is expired and still the transfer and renewal is pending due to labor office regulations and they might be trying to avoid that as of now to be on the safe side.

I can foresee only one problem, if the old company renews the iqama legally you might be bound to work with them until the next expiry date, however if they have already given you the release documents and your new employer has requested them online for a release, then its fine and your new company can agree for the renewal. You might need to also look into the cost part, who will bear the cost of renewal - old company or new, or perhaps you might have to pay.

The Validity of Iqama would be as it is regardless which company you are working for. If it valid for 8 months and you transfer your iqama to another sponsor then it would be still valid for 8 months.

Cheers,