Self drive from Bangkok to Phuket

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about renting a self drive car from Bangkok to Phuket on 27 Dec.

Any advice about the places to visit on the way and some hints or notes during this self drive trip

Thanks,
Jennie

อ่าวมะนาว (Ao Manao) or Manao Bay is pretty nice. Quiet, calm with delicious seafood.

I can't drive so can't give advice about driving... But according to my friend, the traffic is horrible near New Year and also can be very dangerous (a lot of drunk drivers). 

Why are you going to Phuket though? For the beach or night life? I'd not recommend Phuket for beaches, other cities like Krabi, Trang or Phang-Nga are far better.

I was not the poster here, so this message was not meant for me.

Trudy

Thanks for your recommend Mai mai. My husband and I want to go to Phuket as people said that Phuket is very beautiful and the night market as well.

Ah.. the night market, then Phuket is a good choice. My friend is a local there and I have been there many times so if you have any question please just ask. ^_^

Hi Mai,

Thanks for your detailed recommend, my husband and I changed the plan and e will head to Ao Manao, I would love if we can make the self drive there and I appreciate if you can suggest me a place to rent car