Introduction

Hello all,

I am new to Expat.com and thought I would introduce myself.  I am an American living and working in Cairo, Egypt.  You can find my blog at www.civilian-musings.blogspot.com.  It's also under the list of Egypt blogs titled 'Musings.'  I have been in Cairo since August.  Pleased to meet all of you!

Welcome to the blog and hope that you enjoy with the staying and working in Egypt-Cairo.

Hi Civilian, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Civilian,
I came in September to work for a school, also.  Mine didn't work out, though :)  Just read your 1/17 blog post... I don't know how I would have reacted in the moment, but I do know how I'd handle it the next day: Draw the image on the board and have students give one word which comes to mind when they see it.  Is it possible they don't even know what it signifies?  Then it's EDUCATION time... you know what I mean.

I held a brief religious talk in my 5th grade English class, when there were whisperings of one religion being better than the other.  I drew a cross, crescent and star of David, and asked them what each were.  They only knew the crescent.  I quickly went over them and then asked what they all have in common.  They couldn't answer :(  I said, we all pray to One God.  Does everyone agree?  They said yes.  Enough said, on with grammar :/

Welcome to Egypt hope you enjoy your stay in it
welcome again :-)

Welcome to Egypt , and Honored by the visit
Welcome