Belgium or Nederlands, which country would you choose and why?

Hello,

Belgium or Nederlands, which country would you choose and why? I am an Indian citizen and intend to move to one of these country with my family. I have a choice to live in NL or Belgium.

Any feedback (general) will be helpful.

Thank you
Sssp

Welcome on Expat.com Sssp,

May be you can also post your message on Netherlands forum, so that you can get various feedback & suggestions on both countries.

Regards!

I am from Belgium (but a serial expat since 2005) and my husband lived in the Netherlands for a while.

The political situation in Belgium is never ideal, because the country is basically divided in two: the Flemish/Dutch speaking (North) and the Walloon/French speaking (South) part. I suppose you don't speak either language, so the North would be better since very few people in the South speak English. Brussels is a case apart. It's a mix of both regions combined with a lot of foreign influences (immigrants and European Commission employees). Belgians are rather reserved, so building friendships may take a long time (although not impossible!).

I am not an expert in Dutch matters, but I think the extreme right political wing is also gaining strength in the Netherlands. Most Dutch tend to speak English. They are very open and outgoing, but also brutally honest which could shock people from a different culture. 

To be able to choose a country it would be better to make a list of aspects that are important to you and your family and to submit it to the forum. I wish you good luck!