Riyadh events 2011

Hi,

I just closed the Riyadh events 2010 thread and opened a new one for 2011 :)

Thanks Julien,

Just to update for 2011, there is going to be paintball tournament in Riyadh for the first time

slyshooter wrote:

Thanks Julien,

Just to update for 2011, there is going to be paintball tournament in Riyadh for the first time

Will you be participating, sly?  I'm sure there's many people who want to paintball you so the tournament should be a big success!  :joking:

sly,
when and where?

ty!

@sly: yeah when and where.. I ll drive up all the way from here as well. :D

http://www.eyeofriyadh.com/

Event: Manuscript Heritage of Saudi Arabia Exhibition

When: 28 December, 2010 - 10 February, 2011

Where: King Abdulaziz Foundation for Research and Archives (DARAH), Riyadh

What:The First Saudi Exhibition on Manuscripts 2010 will be held under the title "Manuscript Heritage of Saudi Arabia''''''''. A number of ministries, government institutions and private libraries from Saudi Arabia and abroad will take part in the 45-day long Exhibition which will include more than 3,000 manuscripts in religious, linguistic and literary fields as well as astronomy, history, and geography.

www.darah.org.sa

Dear Julien,
I tried to start a new thread (topic), but I couldn't. How do u do that? As I'm relocating to Riyadh soon, I'd like to ask the members about how I can find a 2-3 bedroom apartment for rent near the several compounds present in Northern Riyadh (i.e. Othman Bin Affan Road). Can you help post this query please? Thanks.

Thu. 20 Jan. 2011, 7:00am -7:00pm
Alahsa : one day trip by bus

Located 300 km to the east of Riyadh. in the city center of Hofouf we'll visit Ibrahim Castle , Gara Caves and other historical sites.
600 SR
[email protected] , Mob: 0504166323

Fri. 28 Jan. 2011, 7:00am -7:00pm
AlGaht : one day trip by bus

Is a town northwest Riyadh about 200km , rich of balm tree farm, tour of the old town stop by the house where king Fahad mother born , visit Alrahmaneeh center the public library in the town, the beautiful gardens and protected natural area
350SR
child 150SR

Wed. 2-4 Feb. 2011
Farasan Island:

is a group of 84 islands (archipelago) located in the Red Sea 50 km offshore from Jizan southwestern of Saudi Arabia.
Visit historical site , the natural reserves park , the small island of the archipelago and enjoy Swimming and diving
2500 SR

Wed. 16-18 Feb 2011
Taif Waahba Crater

ALWAABAH is the largest volcanic Crater in the Middle East and Asia. The Crater diameter is about 2 km , about 400 meter in depth. It is located about 250 km north east of Taif
Cost: TBA

LADIES ONLY - Compound Coffee Mornings
These occur once a month on a few of the Compound.  They normally require pre-registration and you have to check with the Compound concerned what the morning will involve and of any dress code requirements.  Some Compounds require Western attair only.  Normally an entry fee if breakfast is being provided and they usually have some form of a Bazzarr during the morning.
Contact the Compounds directly for further information:

*Al Hamra, Tel: 249 0440 248 3628 Website: www.alhamra.com.sa
*Arabian Homes, Tel: 454 1888/ 454 6420, Email: SALES@ARABIANHOMES, Website: www.arabian-homes.com.sa
*Arizona Golf Resort, Tel: 248 4444/ 244 4444
*Cordoba Oasis Village, Tel: 248 3471/ 248 3476
*Eid Compound, Tel: 248 3366/ 248 6259Website: http://www.eidvillas.com.sa/
*Kingdom City, Tel: 275 0275/ 275 0660, Website: www.kingdom-city.com
*Seder Village, Tel: 228 0000 Ext: 2022, Email: [email protected], Website: www.sedervillage.com
* Salwa Compound, Tel: 445 9300

was their one yesterday?

There is a party at the French Embassy this Thursday. If anyone is gonna be there, let me know so we can meet :)

Oh wow. I would love to meet. Maybe we can become best friends and hang out every day! Grrrrreeeeaaaat! see you there! Just look for the man in the pink hat, white shoes and green mankini!!! Can't wait to meet you mr baghdad!!!!!

Khalid7 wrote:

Oh wow. I would love to meet. Maybe we can become best friends and hang out every day! Grrrrreeeeaaaat! see you there! Just look for the man in the pink hat, white shoes and green mankini!!! Can't wait to meet you mr baghdad!!!!!

haha you bet you'll stand out from the crowd :P

nice, could i b part of the loop???

Khalid7 wrote:

Khalid It was great meeting u. Loved the outfit

US Embassy Functions

Valentines Formal SR 250/EA, Feb 10, 7-12 PM
OCN Casual SR 150/EA Feb 21 (Mon) 6-10 PM

CivEngr wrote:

US Embassy Functions

Valentines Formal SR 250/EA, Feb 10, 7-12 PM
OCN Casual SR 150/EA Feb 21 (Mon) 6-10 PM

Do you have to be invited from someone on the inside or can you go there to buy the tickets?

Yeah! Me too!! Where can I get a ticket??? Do I need a mankini too???!

Did I miss the paintball session....??? Is there another thread for it???

ikonoMenasa is inviting artists from all over the world to propose their material based on our current theme Women's Day.  We are seeking creative, inspirational, stimulating works about women in society, gender roles, motherhood, etc.  in the broadest sense.

http://www.ikonomenasa.tv/opencall.php

Riyadh Road Runners is holding its annual Charity Relay running Marathon on Friday the 4th of March 2011 at Dirab Golf Club. Individuals or teams of 2-6 people in a relay team, are able to challenge themselves over the beautiful 7km Dirab run course. All funds raised through event entry fees, are being donated to the Riyadh based Children's Cancer Support Charity, SANAD. This is our 4th year of fundraising for the charity. All participants will receive a t-shirt by participating in the event. Snacks, juice, water and a light lunch are provided as part of entry. Riyadh Road Runners is a non profit, family oriented amateur running club established 29 years ago. We currently have approximately 130 members representing 20+ nationalities over the age range 5-70 years old. For more information on the Charity Relay Marathon, please email [email protected].

Interesting....I will ask for more info about the marathon, it is something I have always wanted to participate in.

Thanks for the info.

Exclusively For Pakistani Audience

First time ever in Riyadh Saudi Arabia.
"COMEDY STAGE PLAY"
A night with full of fun & entertainment. Comedy Stage
Play and musical night + Much more.

Tickets are available now .....

facebook.com/event.php?eid=187211694652514

is it for families or bachelors can also join?

We need to talk for this.I m sure there is a way.right now i do not have the access to mails.u may mail me your no.I would give u details

check ur inbox, ive sent u my num,waiting for more details..

Got it:)

but i didnt got any ph call yet :(

oops!!! I was too busy and not in the city ..I can call u now but i guess its too late

im up,u can call anytime..

Anyone who wants to contact me ,plz leave your no,i m not able to communicate through pm:( i do not have access

[moderated: no free ads]

Ayesha.jee wrote:

Anyone who wants to contact me ,plz leave your no,i m not able to communicate through pm:( i do not have access

do u think i will leave my number here in public??? ;)

hi Shahab...dont leave ur number here,other wise too many guys would like to call u :P

am i that hot?

no no,just as a precaution :p

guys, please concentrate on the initial topic ... thanks !

i was just kidding, no offense to anyone :)