Riyadh to Mecca : Umra Trip

ahmedf wrote:

I looked at the 'Pilgrims Parking'. However, it was deserted and I decided not to park there. I parked my car about 3-4 KMS before haram on the road leading to haram and took a taxi. You need to look for long term parking signs (wuqoof-e-tooli) and park it there.

As for hotels, if you goto the main gate(King Abdul Aziz) of haram, you will have lot of Bangladeshi people approaching for hotel. You can use them for booking hotel.

ahmedf Umrah Mabrook and thanks for your advice.

Dear All,

Thanks for sharing info about the Umra trip. Im planning to perform Umrah this weekend InshaAllah. We will be going by car from Riyadh, leaving early on Thursday morning. Can anyone please tell during our journey from Riyadh, which Miqat point we will be passing through so that I may change in ihram there. Would be extremely thankful if you could also intimate the gps coordinates.

I'll park the car at the hajj parking area and will take taxi from there. BTW till now i didnt understand why it is not permitted to park the car close to the Haram Shareef vicinity.

What will be the hotel reservation situation these days.

Thanks and have a great day

Dear Huja,

You could take your car inside makkah and park near the hotel, haj parking lot maybe empty now. The Miqat will be Sail-Al-Kabeer When you reach Taif , some kilometers inside taif (continuing on the highway) you will see this board "SAIL AL KABEER". It is around 20kms after you take this exit. Don't worry you will not miss it unless you are going too fast ignoring all the message boards.

I got this coordinates from google maps
21.633215, 40.429595

Regards,
Amer

Umrah Mabrook.

If anyone is going this Wednesday, or Thursday after Salat al-Fajr please please PLEASE let me know.  I only need to car-share there, as I'm planning to go to al-Madina al-Munawwara afterwards. 

Also, any tips on cheap hotels in Makkah?  Like 80SAR max a night.

Hi All,

Re-attending Riyadh on biz early August 12, then insha'Allah going to Umrah with safe driver/car who has quoted me 1500 RIY.  I have some questions:
1. Visa: Silly question bu t new to this. I am there on a multi-entry biz visa, will I require a seperate Umrah visa?
2. Price: Is this is a good price for a driver/ car in a new Hyundia Sonata?
3. Suitable hotels in Makkah?
4. Any experiences, feedback or expats want to go?

ASA,

Jamal the Weegie

Hi,

1. Visa: I am there on a multi-entry biz visa, will I require a seperate Umrah visa?
check on your visa for Umrah and Haj clause if you do not find anything it means you are allow to visit for Umrah.

Instead of taking road trip you may take air trip
return ticket could be sar. 650
then you hire a taxi from airport, taxi will charge you one way sar. 150

take suitable hotel, by the way this is a peak time for renting a hotel room.

once you have done your umrah, hire again taxi for airport and return to hom.

it would be the same amount you are going on car.

think about it.

Thanks,

A nice clean hotel within 1 km of haram is definitely too difficult.
Elaf which is 500m is arround 550 these days.
in ramadan le meriian is 3700 per night that too in 1st ashara

bro umrah mubarak !!!

@last pasta - In english please on this Anglophone forum! :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

last pasta wrote:

bro umrah mubarak !!!

Aurélie wrote:

Thank you,
Aurélie

Aurélie I with translate for you :-)

Brother use the hotel Umrah Mubarak

It was sort of English! :D

Martin Fin wrote:
last pasta wrote:

bro umrah mubarak !!!

Aurélie wrote:

Thank you,
Aurélie

Noooooooooooo Martin Fin....

He congratulated him for Umrah trip !! :)

Things will be will as long as you have that higher goal of yours . "oh" i wish i can preform Umra too ... XD

Martin Fin wrote:
last pasta wrote:

bro umrah mubarak !!!

Aurélie wrote:

Thank you,
Aurélie

Interesting interpretation :)

How many years have you spent in KSA?

ASA,
Thanks for all the feedback and experiences... Great information.
- Visa: All ok as travelling from Riyadh.
- Road trip working out better as flights are scarce unless biz class or booked at least 2 wks prior. So road trip, any views or experiences as been advised it can be hazardous?
- Hotels: Booking.com advised.
JZK.. Jamal

i want umra trip please informe me aboute trips date and time ...thanks

Is there police check nowadays on the road to Mecca from Riyadh?
I'm coming from Turkey to Riyadh on bussiness visa. Im told that haj is not alloved by bus. visa but I dont want to miss this opportunity.

Guyz I want to go for Omrah next week with my family.I want to know about the free parking places in makkah.I have heard that Makkah is having paid parkings near the grand mosque.please do provide some details

There are paid private parkings charging 5-10 SAR/hour. But you can find some free parkings on Ibrahim Al-Khalil Road, then you will need to walk about 20 mins to Haram; you can drop your family at Haram and then park your car.

Best place to park in Mecca is the free car park (big car park,plenty of space) at end of Ajyad Road. Taxi from car park to Haram is SR10.

Salam people, new in Riyadh wanted to get some advice on umrah travel. Can u recommend any coach service from Riyadh to Makkah n back? Full package would be great

Riaz Abdullah wrote:

Salam people, new in Riyadh wanted to get some advice on umrah travel. Can u recommend any coach service from Riyadh to Makkah n back? Full package would be great

The most popular seems to be Anwar Badr in Hara (behind Chamber of Commerce). They do weekend package.

Go to Batha Street, near to the National Muesuem , the old sptco bus stand you will find lots of agencies that do Umrah packages.

ahmedf wrote:
Riaz Abdullah wrote:

The most popular seems to be Anwar Badr in Hara (behind Chamber of Commerce). They do weekend package.

Yeah it costs around SAR 120 including hotel room.