Looking for apartments in Milan - what are the best areas to live?

Hi!

I will be moving to Milan soon to be working in a school in Fiera.

I have been looking at apartments for myself (single female and not wanting to share accommodation!) and found the following areas with some nice places within my budget. 

Abbiategrasso
Arluna
Canegrade
Cerro Maggiore
Cesate
Corbetta
Garbagnate Milanese
Legnano
Magenta
Marcallo Con Casone
Parabiago
Rho
Stadera

I know a few are about 30-40 minutes out of Milan centre on public transport,  but I don't mind the travel, the ones I have looked at and saved are near to train stations so I would be getting about easily. You seem to get so much more for your money further out!

If anyone can advise on these areas or if any to definitely steer clear of, that would be so helpful!

Suzy

Hi Suzi,

None of those places are partucularly 'no go' areas.  They are mostly sleepy commuter spots.  Cesate and Garbagnate are on the same train line that has connections with big stations like Bovisa and Cadorna plus Metro lines. They're just chilled suburban places, not much to do so could get dull, but fine if you like a quiet life. 

Rho, Magenta and Legnano are on other train lines connected to other stations and Metro lines in Milan and are more built up than the other two I mentioned.  You mentioned 'Fiera'.  Is that the one near Rho or the one nearer Milan city centre?

Tim

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Off-topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct