Call to english speaking forum moderators / animators

Hi everybody,

We need to integrate native English speaking moderators / animators for the website.
The main tasks would be to animate the forum (start new topics and animate discussions), moderate it and share ideas on improvements for the website ...

Is anyone interested?

Take care,

Julien

Julien,

Depends on what a moderator might be required to do....

Admin sounds attractive to me but I donŽt know HTML even, let alone any of the other web languages.

Hi Manilva15b,

no need to know any technical stuff, I am in charge of that ;)

We need native english speakers to start new debates on the forum, moderate the forum (I mean delete advertisement, ban spammers -we only had one case at the moment-), help us with the monthly newsletter and global communication ...

What do you think?

Hello, I would be very interested in a position like this. I am currently living in Germany and am not working so i have a fair amount of time on my hands. I am already a moderator for another site (www.blogmad.net) which is a busy blog traffic site. I am always looking for more to do.

I am a native english speaker, I love getting to know people and have lots of ideas about building great, friendly communities.

You'll receive an email very soon lydia ;)

Hi Julien,

Yes Me, I am interested to develop this website ? Do You need only English native ?
Anyway, If you need volunteer, I am available.

Ciao

I'd love to help unless there are enough volunteers; not a native speaker though.

If this call is still open, I am a native english speaker and am happy to mod if needed.

Yes the call is still open, thanks for your proposition. Where are you from?

Not a native English speaker...  I am ready to moderate only a tiny section of the forum ;) - "Kenya" (both French and English)

We spoke about it already and I am ready to do it.

Though I have two questions:

A/ Do you have any guidelines for mod (like how to deal with promotional/commercial posts, trolls, etc.)

B/ Secondly, will I get an email everytime a post is added into the Kenyan section because I am somehow busy and can't spend my day here so an email notification would be nice.

Regards

That would be great peperuka!

Yes we've got guidelines, in a private moderator area ;)

I'll give you access before the end of the week.

The idea is to animate and moderate a section: basically, the country you are living in.

Suggestions to animate the section:
add pictures
start topics on the forum about life in your country, eg "cost of living in Kenya", "how to find a job in Kenya", "integrate with Kenyans" ... there are so many things to say about every destination!

About the email notification, I will have to work on a specific program but I am sure I can arrange something!

Please let me know what you think

Hi Expat.com (that's a very original name !!)

I am ready to moderate it (review, asnwer, etc.) but I am not sure I can animate it, although I will certainly write stuff from time to time (like alert, important news).  The reason being that I prefer to write and animate my own sites/blogs, I hope this is understandable.

Email notification would be great !!

Rgds,
Peperuka

Hey Julien, I have AWOL lately, I'll try and do a little more now that things are settling down a bit.

Hi peperuka,

we are currently thinking about a new way to organize ourselves. I'll post again very soon!

Julien

Hi Julien,

That's fine !!
No hurry in Africa :)

Hi, I am a "nearly" native ;-) Does that count, I have ample forum experience, I host, and be the admin of, a photography related forum and I "live" in the internet ;-) SY

Meet expats all over the world

OR