Filipina Asks: Marriage, Civic Integration Exam and MVV Visa

Hello all. I seek clarification if passing the Civic Integration Exam is a prerequisite before marriage in The Netherlands?

My Dutch boyfriend suggested that we should get married as soon as I arrive in The Netherlands using a tourist visa. For that, I am not certain if it is against the Dutch law or not. Ooooor, do I need to pass the Civic Integration exam first before we get married? I am confuse with all of these layers and layers of bureaucratic procedures. Can anyone please help me out? I would definitely appreciate it.

Cheers!

You can marry before the exam but you can't stay in the Netherlands after your tourist visa is expired. You need to go back, married or not. That exam is part of the "inburgering" and its a part of the permit process.

If you are allowed to marry on a tourist visa, I am not sure. Its better that your boyfriend have to find it out. The IND can help you with that or he can go to his city hall to start with.

Good luck!

Thank you, Primadonna! You are an angel!

:gloria

I am currently based here in France as an au pair but I have a dutch boyfriend before I even left in the Philippines. My contract as an au pair will expire next year, but I'm planning to extend for another year pa, but if Hindi po ma grant yung visa uuwi po ako. If ma grant, we are planning po na mag file ng application for mvv visa para derecho na po sana ako ng NL. Possible po kaya yun? Pag nag take po ng civic integration exam kailangan po ba sa  Philippines mag take nun or pwede po ako mag paschedule sa embassy nila dito sa France?