Counseling and Tutoring Online

Hello All -

I am thinking of spending 5-6 months per year either in Puerto Vallerta or Playa del Carmen.   I am taking these next couple of years to explore both areas.   I am still keeping my citizenship in the U.S.A.

I am interested in having an online (Skype?) counseling practice.   I also work with students and could possibly tutor American kids online as well.

Is there anyone out there that can give me advice as to how I may start this up?   I have a PayPal account so it would most likely be pretty easy to receive payment in this fashion.   Yes?   My biggest challenge is to create a very enticing website, because I would be doing all my work long distance.   And my work has an intimacy about it that I would not be able to provide to my clients while I am so far away.

Thanks!
Arlene

Whatsapp has been more reliable and clearer than Skype lately.  FWIW.

Thanks.  What is Whatsapp?   Is there a cost to set up?

I use the app VSEE which is Hippa compliant and very secure to do counseling supervision on while in Mexico.  You can do individual or group

When you say "app" do you mean on your phone??   I plan to use a regular laptop and not my phone to counsel.   Sorry for being ignorant on this!

Watsap is the most popular way to comunicate by phone in Mexico for both domestic and International conversations.It is free

rubytue60 wrote:

Thanks.  What is Whatsapp?   Is there a cost to set up?

WhatsApp is like Skype.  It's an application for smartphones that allows you to text or talk over the Internet.

Skype has a version that runs on laptops for talk and text over Internet.

I get it from the App Store and can use it on my phone or I pad however my supervises use it on their laptops or pc

grichtile wrote:

I get it from the App Store and can use it on my phone or I pad however my supervises use it on their laptops or pc

Are they all Apple's?  Is it WhatsApp?

I believe there has been a WhatsApp for Apple for some time.

Tonight I see there may be one for Windows computers.  It might be worth looking into.  I like the sound from my phone better with earbuds than from my laptop with or without earbuds.  The phone is always with me anywhere I connect to the Internet.