Visiting Belize for the first time in January

Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum, but I've been reading some posts on here for a while and they have been very helpful. I am very interested in the idea of having a place I can escape the cold in the winter, and also a place where I can relax, grow fruit, and work on some of my online projects.
My boyfriend and I are heading to Ambergris Caye and San Ignacio in the first two weeks of January and I was wondering if any of you had recommendations for things to see, restaurants to go to, etc. Also, any recommendations for where we might look at a bit of property? We mostly want to relax and experience Belize for the first time (and get in a bit of scuba!!), but why not check it out while we're here!
Any advice would be amazing!
Cheers,
Michelle

Hola, just an idea. Very nice village of Sartenja, my Canadian friends have a farm there. You can take water taxi.

hey
the first year we went was feb 2014 and spent 10 days in ambergris caye and the next year feb 2015 we spent 2 weeks in hopkins. (Coconut Row) we enjoy just sitting in the sun, catching up on our reading and enjoying the community. we're more laid back. 
going back this feb 2016 and going back to hopkins (Coconut Row)

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your services on the forum. Freely register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

you need to stay with these people and learn.  AC is about diving and expats, land is way too expensive for farming.

workaway.info/6236141574df-en.html

Hey Michelle I plan to drive to Belize this coming January. Have never driven before from Canada, but have been there every winter for the last 7 years. I have a little place near the border with Guatemala.
I know the country good enough. Belize is a place that will easily make you feel in love with it. For a Central America country it is safe for the most part. Crossing the border in Mejico alone makes me a bit nervous
We should talk, Where are you driving from?
Guanaco.
Text if you want
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

interested in Belmopan?